• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remaining basketball games

We are running more 2 man game with Crawford and Collins - and they are hard to stop. I liked that a LOT last night.

Those 2, whether they are best buds or not, should watch a ton of Stockton-to-Malone video. And of course that would require Crawford to become a better passer (take care of ball) and Collins to work on the 15-18 foot pick and pop jumper. Collins seems to be ok out to about 10 feet, not 15-18.

Meal ticket for each guy is the other guy -if they both keep improving, I could see both in the league.

Problem: both Crawford and Collins have been on the court together, playing well, not in foul trouble, so infrequently.

I said a chance-- I see possible wins @ State; @ Syracuse; Duke here; @ BC; GaTech here; State here; @Clemson; Pitt here; Louisville here. Win 8 of those and we dance. Would be tough, but we should be in all those games IMO

Road games: big problem.

Home games: lower bowl looks full, but still so quiet on TV. Nothing like the Justin Gray "mask game" era for example. Loud crowds, we can WIN at home, no question.

8 or 9 wins is a lot easier than it was 24 hours ago.

Win @State and @Tech(lofty expectations) and we'll be playing our biggest basketball game in damn near a decade next Saturday against Duke.

Lunardi currently has us as an 11 seed in latest bracketology. Last 4 in playing VCU.

This team seems to slowly be improving game by game. New facets to players' games that add just a little more for other teams to worry about. Crawford playing a little more under control. Brandon learning to break double teams and really push the ball up court. Woods adding the drive to his spot up shooting. Wilbekin learning to not drive. Mitiglou playing strong inside. Collins playing smarter and not fouling 30 ft from the basket. Moore giving good minutes as a rim protector and rebounder.

Per KenPom, we have a 75+% chance of winning Pitt, NCSU, GT, and @BC. We're between 40% and 60% for @NCSU, @Cuse, dook, Louisville, and @VPI. Win the first four, and get two of the last five, and we should be in the NCAAT, as incredible as that sounds after the last 6 years

8 or 9 wins is a lot easier than it was 24 hours ago.

Win @State and @Tech(lofty expectations) and we'll be playing our biggest basketball game in damn near a decade next Saturday against Duke.

I assume this is tongue-in-cheek, but this is the same team that hasn't beaten a real team away from Winston-Salem. Not saying they can't, but until they show they can, there's no reason to feel confident about our chances on the road.

This team seems to slowly be improving game by game. New facets to players' games that add just a little more for other teams to worry about. Crawford playing a little more under control. Brandon learning to break double teams and really push the ball up court. Woods adding the drive to his spot up shooting. Wilbekin learning to not drive. Mitiglou playing strong inside. Collins playing smarter and not fouling 30 ft from the basket. Moore giving good minutes as a rim protector and rebounder.

:confused:

I assume this is tongue-in-cheek, but this is the same team that hasn't beaten a real team away from Winston-Salem. Not saying they can't, but until they show they can, there's no reason to feel confident about our chances on the road.

Charleston is looking more and more like a "real team"

What counts as a real team?

State is 76 in KP and we beat 90 and 106 on the road handily. This team has actually played pretty well on the road this year.

Here's the evidence we have on what kind of road team we are:

Top 5 teams: one beatdown start to finish, one game we led deep into second half before getting run.

Top 20: one game where we led deep into second half before getting run.

Top 31: two games we had a chance to win in the final minute but lost.

32-89: No evidence but 3 games left in this category

90-110: 2 games we won by an average of 12 points.

Using that evidence how would you expect a team to do against #75, #53, and #51 on the road.

We played pretty well against NOVA. They are so good in the intermediate game

TBF you forgot UNCG Chil, but your overall point remains regardless.

Our schedule really has been remarkably challenging

I don't necessarily want Wilby to stop driving, I just want him to drive, draw and dish - as opposed to going up and getting stuffed. This means our other players have to move to places where he can deliver the ball.

Gotta stop this NCAA talk. I'm feeling the vibes and I don't want to get hurt!

Can always wait and see how the next three go.

If we lose 'em all, it's over.
If we win one, we give ourselves a shot tho plenty o' work remains. Probably would be a slightly below par outcome.
If we win two or more, it's on like damn donkey kong

Back