• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Repeal the 14th Amendment? -- Sample Citizenship Test That Would Depopulate the US

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
From The Atlantic:

To become a citizen of the United States, naturalizing immigrants must take a test. Many native-born Americans would fail this test. Indeed, most of us have never really thought about what it means to be a citizen. One radical idea from the immigration debate is the repeal of birthright citizenship—guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment—to prevent so-called anchor babies. Odious and constitutionally dubious as this proposal may be, it does prompt a thought experiment: What if citizenship were not, in fact, guaranteed by birth? What if everyone had to earn it upon turning 18, and renew it every 10 years, by taking an exam? What might that exam look like?

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-you-had-to-earn-american-citizenship/309398/

How would it be "constitutionally dubious" to repeal birthright citizenship via a constitutional amendment?

lol, I'm just trying to imagine what would happen to all of the former citizens.

lol, I'm just trying to imagine what would happen to all of the former citizens.

"You failed the test. Gots to self-deport, brah."

So who makes this test?

I passed, I passed!!!!!

75% of the country would fail or fall into probationary citizenship.

49-damn, I'm not an exemplary citizen because I confused Kagan and Sotomayor

Your Citizenship Score: 53
Citizenship attained, with distinction.
0-19: Citizenship denied

20-29: Probationary citizenship (must retake test in one year)

30-49: Citizenship attained

50 or higher: Citizenship attained, with distinction

Just focus on the test. Where the fuck are we going to send people who fail the test anyway?

They made up the test. The current citizenship test is not like that and is a random sampling taken from a series of pre-determined questions which are easily accessible online. You have to be a retard or incredibly lazy to fail the current test. You only have to get 6/10 correct, with 10 drawn from the 100 that I linked.

The test The Atlantic made up was similarly easy. I got a 49, presumably because I didn't do shit for my community (recycling beer cans wasn't an option) and I fucked up the flag question. And besides, you can't revoke citizenship-- it must be renounced unless you did something like lie on your citizenship application. And even in that case, you pretty much have to be a Nazi at Auschwitz for it to get revoked. Nobody has proposed that. The proposal is to end birthright citizenship.

Last edited:
They made up the test. The current citizenship test is not like that and is a random sampling taken from a series of pre-determined questions which are easily accessible online. You have to be a retard or incredibly lazy to fail the current test. You only have to get 6/10 correct, with 10 drawn from the 100 that I linked.

The test The Atlantic made up was similarly easy. I got a 49, presumably because I didn't do shit for my community (recycling beer cans wasn't an option). And besides, you can't revoke citizenship-- it must be renounced unless you did something like lie on your citizenship application. And even in that case, you pretty much have to be a Nazi at Auschwitz for it to get revoked. Nobody has proposed that. The proposal is to end birthright citizenship.

Yeah, bu there are like three "what if" questions in the introduction. I'm pretty sure the author is asking "what if?"

I had to estimate the number of times I voted in the past 10 years, but I felt like one per year was pretty close.

Back