• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

Or that these shitheads don’t also have the same shithead attitude when it comes to educating, hiring, etc. and how that doesn’t promote institutional racism. Seriously if you had to wager what do you think the odds are that this guy doesn’t discriminate in all facets of his life.

You’re the one waiting around to see what I post and I’m the one who is self-conscious? I’m laughing heartily.
Lol, just checking back in now to see your response -- posted minutes after mine -- about me waiting to see what you post. You're a clown. And are you a dukie? Can't remember. That will explain everything. Insecurity runs deep.

no one knows the facts, the principals have not even been heard in any detail, Y'all are acting like a lynch mob, congrats

So, watching Anderson Cooper tonight, it was pretty obvious that Ramirez has no interest in testifying. The judiciary committee requested her evidence and a statement, which she refused to give without an FBI investigation. I suppose it is still possible she changes her mind, but I doubt it at this point.

If you are watching AC360, you need better hobbies.

So, watching Anderson Cooper tonight, it was pretty obvious that Ramirez has no interest in testifying. The judiciary committee requested her evidence and a statement, which she refused to give without an FBI investigation. I suppose it is still possible she changes her mind, but I doubt it at this point.

I'm thinking the Dems don't want her to testify. It's more damaging if she doesn't. Of course the delay tactics of an FBI investigation will work too. Pure politics at its lowest level at work here. I also think this guy is toast since there is no way he could serve effectively after being found guilty by the court of public opinion/media. The timing was terrible for this guy with the me/too movement. I really hope he is guilty of the accusations and much more. Would be a shame if his life and career were ruined over false allegations.

[h=1]Padma Lakshmi: I Was Raped at 16 and I Kept Silent[/h]I understand why a woman would wait years to disclose a sexual assault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/...ticle&region=Footer&contentCollection=Opinion

The two of us had gone to a couple of parties. Afterward, we went to his apartment. While we were talking, I was so tired that I lay on the bed and fell asleep.

The next thing I remember is waking up to a very sharp stabbing pain like a knife blade between my legs. He was on top of me. I asked, “What are you doing?” He said, “It will only hurt for a while.” “Please don’t do this,” I screamed.

The pain was excruciating, and as he continued, my tears felt like fear.

Afterward,he said, “I thought it would hurt less if you were asleep.” Then he drove me home.

I didn’t report it. Not to my mother, not to my friends and certainly not to the police. At first I was in shock. That evening, I let my mother know when I was home, then went to sleep, hoping to forget that night.

Soon I began to feel that it was my fault. We had no language in the 1980s for date rape. I imagined that adults would say: “What the hell were you doing in his apartment? Why were you dating someone so much older?”

I don’t think I classified it as rape — or even sex — in my head. I’d always thought that when I lost my virginity, it would be a big deal — or at least a conscious decision. The loss of control was disorienting. In my mind, when I one day had intercourse, it would be to express love, to share pleasure or to have a baby. This was clearly none of those things.

Sorry I am a little late to this entire story...but what is the deal with the $200k in Nationals tickets?

I'm thinking the Dems don't want her to testify. It's more damaging if she doesn't. Of course the delay tactics of an FBI investigation will work too. Pure politics at its lowest level at work here. I also think this guy is toast since there is no way he could serve effectively after being found guilty by the court of public opinion/media. The timing was terrible for this guy with the me/too movement. I really hope he is guilty of the accusations and much more. Would be a shame if his life and career were ruined over false allegations.

How do you feel about the delay tactics used with Merrick Garland?

I’m sure Junebug will be along shortly to condemn this hyperbole.

Y’all do realize an FBI investigation could be done in a week, right? If Pubs thought Kavanaugh was innocent and otherwise a good choice they would want the FBI to investigate and prove these stories were full of shit (honestly not that hard if they were made up out of whole cloth. If the Trump era has taught us anything it’s that people aren’t great at lying to the FBI).

And the only reason we are on this artificial timeline in the first place is that Pubs broke the norm by refusing to confirm Garland and are at risk of losing the Senate despite an extremely favorable map because they insist on ramming through extremely unpopular policies and people.

lycsXop.gif

Sorry I am a little late to this entire story...but what is the deal with the $200k in Nationals tickets?

He appears to display poor judgement in many facets of his life. Let's rush the process and get him on the highest court for a lifetime tenure ASAP.

I have seen some strange gifs on these here internets, but that one ^ is off the charts "what the hell were you thinking when you made that" weird.

I have seen some strange gifs on these here internets, but that one ^ is off the charts "what the hell were you thinking when you made that" weird.

It's a variant of this historic gif where a girl receives a face full of hot dogs. How the vibrating Khadaffi and the gingham background got included, I'm not sure.

giphy.gif

They asked fairly reasonable questions but he stuck to talking points the whole time, constantly repeating himself "Fair process," "never sexually assaulted anyone." He had his wife sitting there as a prop I guess and when she was asked a question about whether the claims should be investigated, she obviously wasn't going to respond and he offered up the 'fair process" line again.

Sure. But also seems like they were leading questions (get him to blame Dems) and questions/statements that bolstered his position:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ns-partisan-democrats/?utm_term=.4db2e5133e1c

#fairandbalanced

Back