• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reports of the death of Wake Forest Hoops have been greatly exaggerated

We lost; but if we keep up this intensity, people will not enjoy playing us.

Technically, but realistically this is year 1 with a fully talented team and a bench.

You realize this isn't his first recruiting class, correct? It's year 3. Period.

Frosh look great. We are back. That is all.

We are back to.... what exactly? This team, as much as I liked them tonight, would be an absolute shock to make the NCAA Tournament. That is where we were before this coach took over. Can we please remember that? Thanks!

We lost; but if we keep up this intensity, people will not enjoy playing us.

Not enjoy playing us? What does that even mean?

"We won, but damn! That wasn't enjoyable at all! One of the least satisfying wins I've ever encountered. We should have beaten them by at least 10 more points than we did. Just not an enjoyable win tonight. Ho-hum."

But seriously, what are you talking about? Not enjoyable to play against? What nonsensical rubbish.

Technically, but realistically this is year 1 with a fully talented team and a bench.

I... umm... there is no proper response to this idiocy aside for something that would be very, very mean. And I don't feel very mean tonight. (Which is weird.)

This thread is premature.

Bingo...we don't know how good UConn is and we lost. What if UConn wins 10 games this year. Are we still accepting this moral victory?

Wellman will. They've won a National Title!

Speaking of... we should queue up San Fransisco on our schedule...

Three years ago we were number one in the country for a spell. How far have expectations fallen?

We are far from being back to what we were.

Yep. I streamed it and didn't see it all, but it looks like we definitely have way better players than we had last year. However, far to early to tell how that might translate into wins and losses.

Backcourt is much-improved but that is where it ends. This team is going to be destroyed on the boards. We will be undersized and overmatched at all three front court positions. Cavanaugh is not an ACC level player right now. Obviously Washington isn't close and may never be. Thomas and Moto will have their moments but will be up against bigger and better players this year. McKie will continue to play out of position by necessity as in the past. And we have nothing in the pipeline. Until this is rectified, we are not "back."

Damn straight. This was the biggest "almost win" of bzz' career. Nice job coach! We're on the upswing!!

With open crow season you may want to bag the limit and stock up your freezer! Just in case yesterday's game is a sign......be prepared.

Back