• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

The Daily Show on Ben Carson and foreign policy:

Have we discussed his idea to give Palestinians part of Egypt? That one was new to me. Source: Link

"We need to look at fresh ideas," said Carson. "I don't have any problem with the Palestinians having a state, but does it need to be within the confines of Israeli territory? Is that necessary, or can you sort of slip that area down into Egypt? Right below Israel, they have some amount of territory, and it can be adjacent. They can benefit from the many agricultural advances that were made by Israel, because if you fly over that area, you can easily see the demarcation between Egypt and Israel, in terms of one being desert and one being verdant. Technology could transform that area. So why does it need to be in an area where there's going to be temptation for Hamas to continue firing missiles at relatively close range to Israel?"

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-has-big-plans-1303117537878070.html

Yahoo News has reported that about half of the approximately 2,000 refugees from Syria who have come to the U.S. so far have been children. Another quarter are more than 60 years old. The Obama administration has maintained that the extensive screening process for these refugees makes the program safe to maintain — not to mention a reflection of America’s core values.

But Trump doesn’t buy it. He also has concerns about the larger Muslim community here in the U.S., he said.

Yahoo News asked Trump whether his push for increased surveillance of American Muslims could include warrantless searches. He suggested he would consider a series of drastic measures.

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before. And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule,” Trump said. “And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

Last edited:
The Daily Show on Ben Carson and foreign policy:

Have we discussed his idea to give Palestinians part of Egypt? That one was new to me. Source: Link

Honestly I don't think this is a completely crazy idea. A big part of the Palestinian problem is the failure of the rest of the Arab nations to resettle them and integrate them into other societies over the past 75 years. The Arabs have refused to do so mainly because it would undermine the anti-Israeli "right of return" arguments. I don't think it's completely crazy to propose that, as part of an overall peace settlement, some Palestinians get resettled in other countries, maybe with financial aid and tech transfer from the Israelis. Granted, at this point the two sides have probably settled into permanent incorrigibility on this issue.

This election is a total fucking mess. I've decided that I'm just going to write in a vote for the guy whom I wanted to vote for 12 years ago. Just my own little one-man protest to keep in the spirit of the times.

Dean will get one more vote than he got in 2004

hey, does anyone here give a shit?

squatty_potty_ad.gif

Back