• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

The rest of the world must completely suck ass because folks continue to want to come here even though the present leaders and future leaders are moronic in solving world problems. I really can't believe that the Pub/Dem field is this fucking bad!

For the fiftieth time you senile, wrinkled old ball sack of a human.

The mistaken detail was that he was supposed to be playing outside, not in bed asleep. You ruined a harmless, funny story and the punchline with some bs detail nobody gives a shit about.

Early bird special starts in ten minutes, bob. Get to it.

The two situations were completely different. I simply mixed up two games at home against Virginia that ended in similar circumstances. One of them was in my diary and I didn't attend the other. Pretty much an honest mistake on my part that I later admitted. Townie's story was an entirely different situation. His entire story was built around the fact that it was a night game, because he talked about his dad "staying up late" after his bedtime and wanting to tell someone about the Tigers winning the Series....but he was supposed to be in bed at the time. Finally, he picked up the phone and called the operator to tell her. Again, the entire story was built around the fact that it was a night game, Townie's grandfather had gone out to a bar to watch it...and Townie's dad was staying up past his bedtime. There is no way that could have been just an "honest miscommunication", because absent the timing, there was no story. The entire thing was about Townie's dad being up past his bedtime to watch the game.

Nothing at all like my situation where it was just a mix-up of two similar games. I wasn't giving any story that related to specific important details about the game which were completely wrong. And, of course, the problem with Townie's story...and it was a killing one... was that the Tigers won that WS in 1968....and the first WS night game wasn't played until three years later, between the Orioles & Pirates in 1971.

So no matter how much you try to equate the two situations, they were completely different. I understand your motives here.....your antipathy toward me. However, that doesn't negate the fact that your argument here makes no fucking sense. And that's my last statement on this subject. If you don't understand what happened here, there is nothing further I could add to help you do so. Personally, I feel pretty sure that you do understand. After all, you're a damned WFU grad, so you couldn't be that thick-headed.... but, of course, there is no way you could admit that your argument is only a stupid vendetta against me on this thread.

Hahahaha. You are the weirdest dude.

Why didn't he just say "No, we're not going to make a database and make all Muslims register. But we will consider things like X, Y, Z"

Just because a reporter asks a question doesn't mean he has to give a vague non-answer that lets the reporter say "well, he must be all for a registration requirement then"

Because Trump's entire campaign is built on not giving details.

Pretty much. And I don't expect him to give a substantive retort in a rope line either. He's a guy who can't keep his mouth shut, however. Good politicians know when to shut their mouths.

Jeb and Ted Cruz have gone after Trump for his response. Surprised that Cruz would go after Trump, but Cruz must think that Carson is done and Trump is his last obstacle. Can't stand either, but would like to see Trump beat the crap out of Cruz.

Of course they're going after him. He's way ahead in the polls.

Hahaha, bkf, who regularly launches into unprovoked attacks against other select members of the board, accusing me of having a "personal vendetta" against him, might be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Well done. His entire post is a testament to his inability to have the slightest bit of self-reflection.

@JenniferJJacobs: CBS News Battleground Tracker in Iowa: Trump 30%, Cruz 21%, Carson 19%, Rubio 11%, Bush 5%, margin of error 6.2 pts, via @mikeallen.

3e00b4039f1f10058a9c28832d91ebec.jpg

600ebe5a7f2d423d107eef5715571a94.jpg

Hahaha, bkf, who regularly launches into unprovoked attacks against other select members of the board, accusing me of having a "personal vendetta" against him, might be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Well done. His entire post is a testament to his inability to have the slightest bit of self-reflection.

Hilarious. I think I may have brought up the two Virginia at Wake ball games so if so I'm happy to have contributed to some board lore.

Hillary and Trump are the two best known candidates in the field, are leading their parties, and are the only candidates in the field with net negatives (-15-20%) on honesty and trustworthiness. We are so screwed. Rubio and Carson lead (net + 15-20%) all candidates on honesty and trustworthiness. Carson's still a huge mystery-nobody from his childhood has come forward to vouch for his claims in his books. Trump and Cruz now lead Carson in Iowa. Carson's done if he doesn't win Iowa. All over for the GOP if Trump wins both Iowa and NH.

Back