• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Response from Hatch. You won't like it.

I've e-mailed Wellman before, so I'm just as stupid as anybody, but what does anyone think will come of e-mailing Hatch or Wellman? Honestly, what do we expect them to say, "Yeah Statts, I think Ron Wellman sucks too! Love, Dr. Hatch." It's no different than e-mailing a politician, all you're going to get is a canned response saying they appreciate your concern. That would be case if Hatch was planning on canning Wellman in the morning.

The hope is of course that if he gets enough of these letters, then he might start to see the smoke, and then suspect there is merit

The hope is of course that if he gets enough of these letters, then he might start to see the smoke, and then suspect there is merit

Perhaps if the letters/e-mails come from the right people.

Who the fuck does Hatch mean when he says "our philosophy." Unless he's talking about the Wheaton Thunder, he can STFU about "our." Go back to Notre Dame, shitbird.

I'm disappointed you didn't tell Hatch about:
Justin Maynard
Sales Executive
AirSign – Outdoor & Aerial Advertising
12 NW 5th place
Williston, FL 32696
Justin@airsign.com

how awesome would it be if hatch responded:

Brian,

You're right, I didn't realize any of this until I received your email. Please tell everyone you know to get ready for a press conference tomorrow at 3pm est to announce the firing of Ron Wellman.

Best,
Natty O

Hatch has a passing interest in sports. He plays a little basketball for the exercise but he's far more interested in the academic side of higher education and that is an understatement. And this means Wellman will be at Wake Forest as long as he wants to be at Wake Forest.

Stratt, Did Hatch sign that reply...odds are he never saw your well written letter??? Probably was answered by his Secretary admin. assistant. While Hatch was @ Notre Dame the Irish sucked in athletics. He has only transferred his intense disdain for athletics from South Bend to Winston.....

Hatch was VP of graduate studies and research at ND. He probably couldn't find the athletic department offices on that campus.

Hatch has a passing interest in sports. He plays a little basketball for the exercise but he's far more interested in the academic side of higher education and that is an understatement. And this means Wellman will be at Wake Forest as long as he wants to be at Wake Forest.

Isn't the academic side hurting nowadays?

Stratt, Did Hatch sign that reply...odds are he never saw your well written letter??? Probably was answered by his Secretary admin. assistant. While Hatch was @ Notre Dame the Irish sucked in athletics. He has only transferred his intense disdain for athletics from South Bend to Winston.....

Hatch was at Notre Dame from 1975 until 2005, in a variety of positions. During that time they won a couple football national championships. The directors cup started in 1993 and Notre Dame has remained in the top 20 since it started, with several finishes in the top 15. I don't see a difference in Notre Dame's athletics when he was there compared to when he left, and I don't see evidence of the Irish sucking in athletics when he was there. Maybe I missed something?

Hatch was at Notre Dame from 1975 until 2005, in a variety of positions. During that time they won a couple football national championships. The directors cup started in 1993 and Notre Dame has remained in the top 20 since it started, with several finishes in the top 15. I don't see a difference in Notre Dame's athletics when he was there compared to when he left, and I don't see evidence of the Irish sucking in athletics when he was there. Maybe I missed something?

You are missing something. He was not the President of ND. He had no involvement whatsoever in ND athletics. Zero.

You are missing something. He was not the President of ND. He had no involvement whatsoever in ND athletics. Zero.

He was a Dean and then Provost at ND. A President who understood the value of athletics would have kept in check Hatch's desire to reign in the AD. Now that Hatch is President he can exercise his previously suppressed impulses to put athletics in it's "proper place". Apparently this exercise of authority is feeding a rapidly growing ego.

Our Board of Trustees is incompetent beyond belief.

"Doing things the right way" isn't a philosophy, but a platitude.

JUST SAYING

I agree completely. I just thought it was easier to prove that ND's athletics didn't suck while he was there, as was claimed previously.

Not sure how to rank my anger/frustration:

Hatch
BOT
Buzz
Wellman
Lobo
Grobe

Tough call putting Buzz ahead of Wellman and Lobo.

He was a Dean and then Provost at ND. A President who understood the value of athletics would have kept in check Hatch's desire to reign in the AD. Now that Hatch is President he can exercise his previously suppressed impulses to put athletics in it's "proper place". Apparently this exercise of authority is feeding a rapidly growing ego.

Our Board of Trustees is incompetent beyond belief.

"Doing things the right way" isn't a philosophy, but a platitude.

JUST SAYING

Yep. I'm struggling to think of a program with the "doing things the wrong way" philosophy.

I'm sure Tark had a team that was proud of doing things the wrong way.

Back