• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Response from Hatch. You won't like it.

Not sure how to rank my anger/frustration:

Hatch
BOT
Buzz
Wellman
Lobo
Grobe

Tough call putting Buzz ahead of Wellman and Lobo.

You are most mad at Hatch? He arrived in 2005. Wake has been ranked #1 in bball and won the ACC championship in fball while Hatch has been at Wake. What do you think he has done to negatively affect Wake's athletics?

You are most mad at Hatch? He arrived in 2005. Wake has been ranked #1 in bball and won the ACC championship in fball while Hatch has been at Wake. What do you think he has done to negatively affect Wake's athletics?

Is this a serious question?

Is this a serious question?

Yes. Wake's athletics have been bad for the past 3 years, but I'm interested to know why he thinks Hatch caused the decline.

Yes. Wake's athletics have been bad for the past 3 years, but I'm interested to know why he thinks Hatch caused the decline.

He hasn't necessarily caused it, but he sure as hell hasn't done anything about it.

Who won't you defend that is associated with Wake Forest's administration?

Who won't you defend that is associated with Wake Forest's administration?

He's not in the admin, but I'm pretty unlikely to defend bzz.

Also, I'm not really into defending any of them just for the sake of it. Rather, I'm interested in examining the data that's available. In this case, there was none that I could find that supported the idea that athletics sucked at ND when Hatch was there.

Last edited:
I'm not a lawyer/financial sector guy. I know what my buddies Amos and Micah would say about him. Shouldn't he be in jail for this?

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Yes...yes he should and if you did what he did in today's climate you would be in jail. Mind you this took place from approximately 2001/02-2004 before bank collapses and pyramid schemes. Casstevens was one of 3 CFO's during that time who left "voluntarily." He had never been a CFO before, had a meteoric rise from comptroller to CFO after the CO. went public, and from what I read, the official talking point at the time was mere incompetence as the cause for KK's toxic book keeping. If you follow the money though that tells a different story and it appears that cooking books was becoming a bit of a culture around KK. ...Don't do what Casstevens did.

Also, I'm not really into defending any of them just for the sake of it. Rather, I'm interested in examining the data that's available. In this case, there was none that I could find that supported the idea that athletics sucked at ND when Hatch was there.

I would sure like to see what would happen if Hatch was fired or demoted to Provost and we hired a competent President who had some integrity.

Their flagship program performed well below its historical standards when he was in a top position at ND. Enhanced academic standards was often touted as the reason for this decline.

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to here, actually

Then, why don't you examine the data that's available? Seriously, every single datum that you've "needed to see" has been posted on the board at one time or another. The search function would go a long way to bypassing your Socratic-esque inquiry into anti-AD sentiment.

Then, why don't you examine the data that's available? Seriously, every single datum that you've "needed to see" has been posted on the board at one time or another. The search function would go a long way to bypassing your Socratic-esque inquiry into anti-AD sentiment.

That's a bit of an odd reply, and I don't think it's true. A few days ago I posted a list of all the ncaa championships at Wake. I had never seen it posted before, and it actually took a while to gather it. Had you seen it posted previously? If so, could you point me to it? Just earlier tonight I found myself looking at Notre Dame's directors cup rankings with and without Hatch as provost. I'd never seen that posted either. Had you? And that's just from the past couple of days.

Ph and thedeacfan undoubtedly culled these data together in their various cases against Wellman threads. There are plenty of threads about Hatch from the summer and basketball season, too. I don't know if the exact list was ever put together, but to be perfectly honest with you, I really don't know why you need the shit storm of an AD defended quantitatively.

I'm just curious why anybody -- not employed by Wake, of course -- would be so compelled to actually spend all that time compiling that data just in order to defend WFU's current President. It is a bit curious, don't you think?

I understood the need (for some) to compile any evidence to defend Ron Wellman. But a President that has been here for such a short time? Why go out of your way to research Notre Dame's athletic record unless you had an ulterior motive? Yep, this is just very curious indeed.

stratt is an idiot. And of course he has no concept of prioritizing academics because....SURPRISE.....he didn't fucking go to school at Wake. Move along dumbass.

Rafi v. stratt? Sort of like a Sophie's Choice, but any ending is a good ending.

I'm just curious why anybody -- not employed by Wake, of course -- would be so compelled to actually spend all that time compiling that data just in order to defend WFU's current President. It is a bit curious, don't you think?

I understood the need (for some) to compile any evidence to defend Ron Wellman. But a President that has been here for such a short time? Why go out of your way to research Notre Dame's athletic record unless you had an ulterior motive? Yep, this is just very curious indeed.

I didn't compile any data to defend Hatch. I looked at the directors cup numbers from when he was at Notre Dame, but no compiling of data was done.

I did compile the NCAA championship data, in the thread about flying the anti-Wellman banner. I did that to support my argument that Wellman didn't deserve to have a banner flown calling for his firing.

I prefer to deal with numbers, facts, stats, etc rather than drama, innuendo, and guesses. Is that so bad?

Back