• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Any estimates on ticket prices for the final? That's really tempting.

It won't be anything terrible, but LFF is normally pretty high. I'm guessing you will able to buy them through USSF or AO (pre tournament) from 56.00-72.00 in the lower bowl and US section. Any other random ticket through the stadium or CONCACAF i'd guess face value of around 46.00-52.00?

All guesses. Just remember you will be buying a ticket to the final match. So if we don't get there, you still have a ticket to the final match...

We sat in the AO section behind a goal for the semifinals in Baltimore in 2013 and our two tickets were $131 total (~$65 each) after fees and all that so probably $55 face. And I'll go again, whether we draw either us or Mexico

MetLife and LFF have always been the most expensive USMNT tickets since I've been a fan. I think when we played Argentina/Brazil up there it was like 82.00-88.00 face.

Makes sense.

Will probably try and make the finals too but that weekend may be tougher

Stupid question, but do they play on artificial turf, or sod placed overtop the turf? Do they care if they play on turf, and is the US the only place with turf?

Stupid question, but do they play on artificial turf, or sod placed overtop the turf? Do they care if they play on turf, and is the US the only place with turf?

Some CONCACAF countries have turf, but it's rare. Coast Rica used to make us play in sasprissa which has turf that's the same as a putt-putt green

Hmmmm

Dillon Powers ‏@powerhour5 19m19 minutes ago
Its been a long long process but I'm officially a dual citizen! #American #Italian ���� pic.twitter.com/YxQ12BhVwj

I guess he's trying to make it easy to play overseas?

NBCSports reminded me of a good question today: Where in the world is Juan Agudelo?

NBCSports reminded me of a good question today: Where in the world is Juan Agudelo?

Declining offers around the world in the hopes that he'll close on a Cypriot property and play in England. He needs to fire his agent or check himself into a clinic.

Romain Gall nets the penalty after Thompson was knocked down 1 v 1 with the keeper. Should have been a red card as well. US up 1-0 on Jamaica.

Another breakaway after Jamaica plays a horrible back pass leads to another penalty. Should have been red for the keeper, but apparently this is similar to a U-8 match where players aren't allowed to be thrown out. 2-0 US after Gall converts. This match sucks.

I take that back, studs up directly into the balls is in fact a red card in this match.

Senegal come from a goal down to beat Ghana 2-1 to start off ACON.

Ghana is coached by Avram Grant, so that made it easy to pick Senegal in Streak for the Cash. MY MAN, MAME! scored the equalizer.

Sounds like that rumored away kit is real. Alex Morgan was caught wearing one recently.

New-Nike-USA-2015-Away-Kit.JPG

U20's beat T&T 1-0 in a mostly boring match. US will likely face El Salvador in the playoff stage for a bid to the U20 World Cup in NZ.

We owe those fucks for what happened in the last Olympic qualifier.

Back