• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Does lineup really scare anyone? Beckerman, JJ, and Bradley centrally just don't do it for me regardless of how good of form they are in MLS league play.

Zardes-Dempsey-Zusi
Bradley-Beckerman-Jones
Johnson-Brooks-Birnbaum-Yedlin
Guzan

Yuck balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also great crowd suburban Dallas. Why do we keep playing matches here? What a shitty (soccer) city.

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread

I can't overstate how fucking terrible these starting tactics are. Nothing makes any sense.

- Dempsey as a single striker
- Zardes out left
- Zusi and his zero pace playing as the RW
- the Bradley, Becks, JJ midfield triangle of slowness
- Yedlin has been getting constantly caught out of possession. Jones getting bitchy about having to cover for him when he gets forward
- Brooks and Birnbaum have no chemistry at CB

You can't play Dempsey alone up top with slow attacking midfielders behind him.

Last edited:
I can't overstate how fucking terrible these starting tactics are. Nothing makes any sense.

- Dempsey as a single striker
- Zardes out left
- Zusi and his zero pace playing as the RW
- the Bradley, Becks, JJ midfield triangle of slowness
- Yedlin has been getting constantly caught out of possession. Jones seems angry to hand cover for him when he gets forward
- Brooks and Birnbaum have no chemistry at CB

Dempsey as a single striker is such a bad decision. It limits our ability offensively so much.

Dempsey as a single striker is such a bad decision. It limits our ability offensively so much.

Agreed. Although that flick forward to Zardes is the way it can work.

Deuce plays as a deep lying FWD/False 9, with two speedy wings playing above him. Zardes makes some sense playing that role. Zusi makes zero sense.

That's what we played in the 4-0 win over the Guats.

Wood at LF/LW, Deuce as the CF/CAM, Zardes at RF/RW

I'd like to see Deuce stay in that role and Wood and Pulisic come on in those advanced wing spots at the half

So apparently Birnbaum is filling in for Cameron who's almost over a hammy injury

That's somewhat relieving. Gotta think that Brooks-Cameron is the preferred CB pairing

Would also like to see Morales on for Beckerman with Bradley slotting back into the CDM #6 spot

Nagbe coming on for Beckerman instead of Morales, I'd forgotten about him. Bradley playing the #6

Wood on the left

Jurgs are you listening to me?

This Pulisic-Wood-Nagbe line looks much more fluid

Bradley bossing the #6

Zusi also with a nice run to set up the almost goal

Deuce, KB and JJ are not missed...

Back