• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Good bit of skill to get out of our end by pulisic, then immediate terrible first touch by wood to give it away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also great crowd suburban Dallas. Why do we keep playing matches here? What a shitty (soccer) city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Darke just made the same point. Hosting card revoked.

I don't think Brasky realizes that Morales didn't make the team

No, I did not. For some reason I was thinking he made it over Nagbe, or maybe Orozco. I'm glad that happened though.

I would like to see Nagbe at LCM, Bradley CDM and Jones at RCM on Saturday.

You guys still care?

dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

thats so cute

Even a snob like you would have liked what we saw from Nagbe, Pulisic and Wood in the second half last night. It was possibly the first bit of real encouragement we've seen from this team since the world cup. Add to that the improved play of Yedlin and Brooks both on the club level and last night, and the quality of Bradley and Fab Johnson, and we're starting to build a group of talented (mostly) young players that should form the core of the team for the next world cup and beyond.

Even a snob like you would have liked what we saw from Nagbe, Pulisic and Wood in the second half last night. It was possibly the first bit of real encouragement we've seen from this team since the world cup. Add to that the improved play of Yedlin and Brooks both on the club level and last night, and the quality of Bradley and Fab Johnson, and we're starting to build a group of talented (mostly) young players that should form the core of the team for the next world cup and beyond.

Good post. I'm as low on the USMNT as I've ever been but for the first time in quite some time, the talent is there.

Good post. I'm as low on the USMNT as I've ever been but for the first time in quite some time, the talent is there.

I think this is, in part, why folks get upset when we leave someone like Morris home for Wondo. Skill aside, we want to see the young guys playing. Start building towards a future instead of squeezing a few last drops out of guys in their mid-30s. That's not who is getting us anywhere in the WC.

Why does Mikey Orozco start for the USMNT but can't break the starting 11 for Tijuana?

Orozco has to start so Bedoya can start and not be the worst player on the field.

At what point do we see some combo of Wood, Nagbe and Pulisic playing significant mins together?

Back