• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Wake commit Isaiah Young has been called into the U20s camp. He's one to keep an eye on.

INTRIGUED!

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 5m5 minutes ago
Sky Sources understand that Jurgen Klinsmann is intrigued by the England job #SSNHQ

CmHuhWnXIAAmO3L.jpg

Wake commit Isaiah Young has been called into the U20s camp. He's one to keep an eye on.

For anyone interested, U20s take on the Ticos in CA today at 6 pm. Game I think can be streamed on ussoccer.com. I'm pretty interested to see Mukwelle Akale and hopefully Young. Klinnsman kid also on the roster.

As an aside, is there a training facility in Elfland, NC??? I've seen some of the youth teams traveling there for training. They don't list it as Hillborough or CH or Durham, just Elfland.

For anyone interested, U20s take on the Ticos in CA today at 6 pm. Game I think can be streamed on ussoccer.com. I'm pretty interested to see Mukwelle Akale and hopefully Young. Klinnsman kid also on the roster.

As an aside, is there a training facility in Elfland, NC??? I've seen some of the youth teams traveling there for training. They don't list it as Hillborough or CH or Durham, just Elfland.

I think Eurosport has a complex in Efland, also home to one of the world's finest viola da gamba makers.

ETA -- could be wrong; is it even called Eurosport anymore? Damn I'm old.

I knew exactly what you were talking about. Used to love their warehouse sales that came once a year. Well worth the drive the Hillsborough.

Efland. Not Elfland.

magic_elfland_by_sweetpoison67-d3d2orp.jpg

I knew exactly what you were talking about. Used to love their warehouse sales that came once a year. Well worth the drive the Hillsborough.

+1

we were always there

Their warehouse and offices are definitely in Hillsborough, but I think they run (or sponsor) a soccer field complex in Efland, so that's probably where these cats are training.

Last edited:
Yeah, Eurosport/Sports Endeavors/Great Atlantic Lacrosse are still based in Hillsborough. Got a relative that's worked there most of my life, so every gift I've ever received has been from those catalogues.

Matt Doyle, Senior Editor MLS.com, on his early 23 for Russia:

GK: Brad Guzan, Bill Hamid, Ethan Horvath
CB: John Brooks, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Matt Miazga
RB: DeAndre Yedlin, Timmy Chandler
LB: Fabian Johnson, Kellyn Acosta
DM: Michael Bradley, Perry Kitchen
CM: Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Darlington Nagbe
Wingers: Christian Pulisic, Gyasi Zardes, Kekuta Manneh
CF: Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore, Jordan Morris

So, yeah, there's that.

Matt Doyle, Senior Editor MLS.com, on his early 23 for Russia:

GK: Brad Guzan, Bill Hamid, Ethan Horvath
CB: John Brooks, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Matt Miazga
RB: DeAndre Yedlin, Timmy Chandler
LB: Fabian Johnson, Kellyn Acosta
DM: Michael Bradley, Perry Kitchen
CM: Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Darlington Nagbe
Wingers: Christian Pulisic, Gyasi Zardes, Kekuta Manneh
CF: Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore, Jordan Morris

So, yeah, there's that.

Seems about right. Looking forward to Manneh getting naturalized and becoming a speed demon second half sub.

Jermaine but no Clint seems strange though

Back