• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I tend to agree with this as well.

However, those snotty British soccer fans seem to dismiss it due to the high amount of goaltending errors. That opinion only reinforced by the events in their game yesterday as well.

Pretty damn funny considering some of the howlers their keepers have made in men's international play. Tripping up Simeone and failing to point out someone needed to mark Zanetti in 1998, Seaman again in 2002 on Ronaldinho's 45 yard free kick, the meg in 2010 on RG, etc. You can always count on the English for a good laugh at the international level. They are the Liverpool of international football these days. Ridiculous expectations that always come crashing down to earth in a twisted, dysfunctional heap.

Pretty damn funny considering some of the howlers their keepers have made in men's international play. Tripping up Simeone and failing to point out someone needed to mark Zanetti in 1998, Seaman again in 2002 on Ronaldinho's 45 yard free kick, the meg in 2010 on RG, etc. You can always count on the English for a good laugh at the international level. They are the Liverpool of international football these days. Ridiculous expectations that always come crashing down to earth in a twisted, dysfunctional heap.

Did you see that Carragher put some of the blame on the fact that the team have to stay at the hotels as a reason for them failing? That gave me a laugh.

Lowe over Syndek was a downgrade. But no need to go into that. Klinsmann did show intrest, we can agree on that. He even interviewed. He then made it clear that the USSF would not give him the power he wanted, thus he was no longer interested. Maybe we could go for a double switch of Sunil and Bob for ????? And Klinsmann. Though I don't know who the ????? Would be.

Sendeck wasn't fired. He left us in the dust on his own accord. So not really remotely similar to what I'm advocating, is it? Lowe also had his staff chosen for him, the exact opposite of what I'm advocating, isn't it?

Is that why you didn't want to get into it? Because your attempted insult was completely retarded and actually went along with my point?

I'm glad you at least have seemed to accept that it's ridiculous for you to be allowed to introduce a possible but unrealistic concept in the USSF to fire Bradley but not let me want a possible (as he would coach us if given the opportunity) but unrealistic concept in the USSF to hire Klinnsman and give him the power he needs.

Sendeck wasn't fired. He left us in the dust on his own accord. So not really remotely similar to what I'm advocating, is it? Lowe also had his staff chosen for him, the exact opposite of what I'm advocating, isn't it?

Is that why you didn't want to get into it? Because your attempted insult was completely retarded and actually went along with my point?

I'm glad you at least have seemed to accept that it's ridiculous for you to be allowed to introduce a possible but unrealistic concept in the USSF to fire Bradley but not let me want a possible (as he would coach us if given the opportunity) but unrealistic concept in the USSF to hire Klinnsman and give him the power he needs.

If by left on his own you mean that everyone associated with the program was calling for his resignation then yeah, sure, he left on his own.

FOX Soccer's US-Mexico Gold Cup final was the most-watched and highest-rated telecast ever on the network

Also Univision's largest primetime audience ever. Combined (FSC + Univision) it got more viewers in the U.S. than Bruins-Canucks Game 7 (which was the NHL's most-viewed game in 38 years)

If we dip into the MLS coaches pool, I want Nowak. Good experience in Europe as a player, been around the program before as an assistant, quickly turned around/built two different MLS teams into successes. Not terribly interested in any other option in the league for now. Maybe Kreis and/or Olsen down the line, but I want to see more from them on the club level first.

If we dip into the MLS coaches pool, I want Nowak. Good experience in Europe as a player, been around the program before as an assistant, quickly turned around/built two different MLS teams into successes. Not terribly interested in any other option in the league for now. Maybe Kreis and/or Olsen down the line, but I want to see more from them on the club level first.

Nowak has turned around Philly 180 degrees. I agree that if a MLS coach replaced Bradley, Nowak would be my #1 candidate.

I'd prefer not to go with a MLS coach. In fact if we are going to stay with the MLS/Bradenton connection I'd actually like to see us give Cabrera a shot at some point. He seems to have transformed our residency program.

Women's soccer is by far the best sport to watch played by women. It is played at a very high level. Great cross and goal by Cheney. Very composed.

I'd put volleyball and tennis above it I think. I don't think it is played at that high a level.

I'd prefer not to go with a MLS coach. In fact if we are going to stay with the MLS/Bradenton connection I'd actually like to see us give Cabrera a shot at some point. He seems to have transformed our residency program.

In what ways do you feel he has transformed it?

Women's volleyball can be pretty fun to watch and not solely because of the shorts, although those don't hurt

North Korea coach blames defeat to USA on several players being hit by lightning on June 8th

In what ways do you feel he has transformed it?

I feel like he has helped to identify kids from different backgrounds that Bradenton seemed to miss during its first year. He also seems to emphasize technical skill over athleticism, which is an important step in the program's direction.

It's official.
OguchiOnyewu5 Oguchi Onyewu
So thrilled and excited to have just signed to Sporting Lisbon (SCP)! Great things to come. Thank you all for ur support and prayers. Bless!

The question to Gulati on Tuesday was simple and straightforward: Will Bob Bradley remain coach of the U.S. national team?

His answer (in an email response) was as simple and straightforward: “We’ll have something to say later this week.”

Back