• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rick Perry: O/U IQ 80

you'd be surprised...plus we're more intense when we're young.

Maybe he had a cheat sheet in the air.

Now he can't even remember rehearsed one liners.

Eh. Looks like the dad used his daughter similar to the folks who got to Bachmann. I'm not going to say a 14 year old open bisexual can't think for herself, but the dad didn't seem to mind getting some spotlight.

He has a BS degree and was a captain in the Air Force. My guess is that his IQ is over 80.

Did you see his grades when they were posted on the megathread? He got a D in a class called Meats.

I do think his military experience speaks to his character, but any zombie following directions...

Only about 9% of the population has an IQ score under 80. Perry graduated from A&M with a 2.5 GPA. I realize A&M is not exactly Harvard, but I'm sure Perry's IQ is over 80.

I'd also guess that the OP started the thread and linked to the article because of Perry's reference to his religious beliefs.

I know plenty of people with college degrees and military experience who are morons. I don't know what his IQ is, but if there were a cutoff for "idiot" he would probably be under that value.

I say right around 90-95. Because we are all somewhat intelligent (now that RULZ is gone), I think we're inclined to underestimate how fucking stupid the average human being is.

Still think Bachmann is dumber. Somebody tells me they had Thanksgiving dinner with the Loch Ness Monster, no way I'm repeating that as fact to a public audience.

So I used 80 for hyperbole and for a better thread title. I'd agree with SCD that he's probably around 95, just shy of the average American. I think we can all agree that he isn't bright enough to be president.

I know plenty of people with college degrees and military experience who are morons. I don't know what his IQ is, but if there were a cutoff for "idiot" he would probably be under that value.

Historically, the term "idiot" was used for those with an IQ below 30. That's pretty fucking stupid.

I don't think we want someone brilliant to be president, and by brilliant I mean a borderline savant. In my experience, those people are socially awkward and not effective leaders. Bill Clinton is probably in the sweet spot for presidential IQ - usually the smartest guy in the room, but not so smart that he thinks his shit doesn't stink (I'm looking at you, Nixon).

That said, I don't care if he fuses the atom, Perry's a fucktard and I'd rather vote for my dog.

George Will's wife is working on Perry's campaign. She's helping with speaking skills (I kid you not). She better be getting paid some righteous jack because Will's street cred as a rational/reasonable conservative voice takes a huge hit by being aligned with such a clown.

So I used 80 for hyperbole and for a better thread title. I'd agree with SCD that he's probably around 95, just shy of the average American. I think we can all agree that he isn't bright enough to be president.

Perry is way smarter than the average American. However, he is way too dumb to be considered for POTUS. It baffles me that any of his supporters have acquired sufficient wealth to be considered "supporters," and yet do not themselves have the intelligence to realize that Perry is a relative moron when compared to his fellow running mates, and therefore unfit for the presidency.

Perry and Palin are probably similarly intelligent. W is almost infinitely smarter than either of those two, and he wasn't smart enough to be president in the modern age. It is really unfortunate that the political sphere has become mainstream fodder due to the 24-hour news cycle. We need to turn off the lights so the intelligent people will consider it a viable profession/endeavor again.

Back