• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

I suspect old and new will merge into new Canon. Not all but the better stuff.

Agree that size matters not but in this case it should.

Ph did you catch the ghost in the final space battle in Rogue one?

I've said it before but I'd maybe be more inclined to watch Rebels if the animation was better. I watch the occasional clip online to try again and nope. Also, they made it pretty clear the only Jedi left are Yoda and Obi Wan but this show seems to be like well actually there's another you haven't heard of.

They explain that in the show.

deaconson, I've seen the Easter eggs. I'll give the show a ton of props if it ends with the Ghost going out in a blaze of glory in the Battle of Scarif.

I've said it before but I'd maybe be more inclined to watch Rebels if the animation was better. I watch the occasional clip online to try again and nope. Also, they made it pretty clear the only Jedi left are Yoda and Obi Wan but this show seems to be like well actually there's another you haven't heard of.

I expect there will be more Jedi pop up during that time frame as Disney makes more movies.

Thrawn is in Season 3 of Rebels which takes place s few years before Rogue One.

Yes, I know. That's who I was alluding to in this post back in July.

Also, I wasn't "mourning" a lack of Thrawn, but rather that lesser continuity had replaced existing canon.

Having not read a ton of the other continuity stuff that is no longer canon I don't mind that disney "simplified" things. I realize that it's just the best way for them to pick and choose/make money. I also realize some are turned off by the decision.

I don't recall the movies ever saying there are only two. Certainly that the original implication. However, I think it makes sense that after order 66 more jedi than Obi Wan escaped and went into hiding.

As for Rebels, I would not call it a big spoiler to say at the start of the series (first episode I think) you have a padawan who was never made into a Jedi. His master was killed with order 66 and he meets a young force sensitive kid. The story goes from there.

Agree about the rebels animation. Not my favorite but the stories are good enough that after a little while and I overlook it. It no longer detracts but does not enhance it either.

I don't feel it's unreasonable to have other Jedi who escaped without anyone knowing their location.

Hell, Obi-wan stayed "hidden," even with Bail Organa pretty much discussing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least in Kanan in Rebels had the good sense to change his first and last names.

Yeah. hiding Vader's son with his cousins a short drive from your hideout and going by old Ben Kenobi seems like a recipe for disaster. Worked out perfectly though.

Fair enough. Also, does Obi-Wan hate kids? He takes Luke to protect him but refuses to be involved in actually raising him. Got to a random unknown planet and raise him? Teach him so when the world comes calling he is ready? Why not Yoda and Obi-Wan raise and train him together?

Because three Jedis operating in one place would have alerted Palpatine and Vader.

Fair enough. Also, does Obi-Wan hate kids? He takes Luke to protect him but refuses to be involved in actually raising him. Got to a random unknown planet and raise him? Teach him so when the world comes calling he is ready? Why not Yoda and Obi-Wan raise and train him together?

Obi-Wan basically raised Anakin and wasn't really satisfied with how that turned out. Probably scared of his influence.

Yeah. That too.

Obi-Wan basically raised Anakin and wasn't really satisfied with how that turned out. Probably scared of his influence.

I'll agree with this. Not sure you need 3 Jedi operating in one place. Just training one on degoba or something. Plenty of places in a giant galaxy to hide. Heck leave imperial controlled systems.

So send baby Luke to a swamp planet to be raised Look Who's Talking style by Yoda, Obi-Wan, and whatever force ghosts who can be mustered up?

The answer is you're not going to be able to make sense of Obi wan's motivations between III and IV. Kenobi knew what being a Jedi required. He clearly had no interest in having another Skywalker Jedi. Neither child was sent to train despite full knowledge that it takes basically a lifetime to learn.

That's one of the reasons I want to see a movie set well before the prequels and follow some Jedis who actually got a lifetime of training from back in their heyday instead of kids who started late like Anakin, Luke, and Rey.

Maybe tell the story of how the Sith split from the Jedi.

So send baby Luke to a swamp planet to be raised Look Who's Talking style by Yoda, Obi-Wan, and whatever force ghosts who can be mustered up?

Luke would be a baby whose adult like thoughts we could hear?

Luke would be a baby whose adult like thoughts we could hear?

Haha. I thought of the wrong late 80s parenting comedy title. I was looking for Three Men and a Baby.

Back