• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman meets the media.

Where is this going down? Fuck it, I'll go undercover as Donut Dan and ask Ron some real questions.

I think it's likely an extension citing improvement, meeting goals that they set out before the season both on and off the court, and based upon laying a foundation which "takes time" for a good team to have. I think it's probably going to be a mind-blowing extension that will absolutely set the boards on fire. I'm talking at least 5+ years.

Let me guess. He's unveiling his new statue on the quad.

Short of firing Gilligan, I don't care to hear what the asshole has to say.

brace-yourself.jpg

I think it's likely an extension citing improvement, meeting goals that they set out before the season both on and off the court, and based upon laying a foundation which "takes time" for a good team to have. I think it's probably going to be a mind-blowing extension that will absolutely set the boards on fire. I'm talking at least 5+ years.
Extension?!?! What?!?!

Any extension RW gives Bzz will bankrupt the program. Seriously, how does either of these guys still have a job! I'm going into my manager's office tomorrow and demanding a 500% raise because I'm actually good at my job!

That "Hire FGCU Coach Please" thread was so great. It was like when Andy Dufresne played The Marriage of Figaro over the PA system at Shawshank. It reminded us of what it felt like to have hope. I get a sense that will end tomorrow, as these interviews will probably be the equivalent of Hadley breaking down the door and clubbing us down to remind us of our place.

There is nothing to announce. Wellman will not even dignify the LF with a reaction. We can probably take the article referenced on another thread and cut-and-paste the two-sentence answer he will give ONCE when asked; he will deflect and refuse to answer more than one question on the subject. Everything else will be sugar and sunshine.

Wellman's big FU will be silent.

If Buzz is given an extension, March 26th will be remembered as the day that it was confirmed Ronald J. Wellman has gone insane.

"We have a lot to be excited about for next year. Our team improved a great deal and the future of Wake Forest basketball is bright. Thank you and see you in the fall for football."

BTW, don't get crazy if there is an extension. It's not like the length of contract means anything these days. The only thing that matters is if the buyout is dramatically more that his last year.

If it's the same or very close, he can still get fired after next year without any material difference than what exists today.

Back