• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Parks and Rec was ahead of the game in so many ways. The main thrust of the show was that the Midwesterners could never get behind this workaholic public servant. There was fake news, overreacting conservatives, the election against the local businessman, and all kinds of weird haters.

That's the 1 sitcom I've really liked in recent years - mostly for the Ron Swanson and April Ludgate characters. And yeah, I served several years on a local govt board, and it and City Council meetings have attracted a bunch of very strange folks from the way left and way right for the public comment parts of those meetings. To the point where now City Council has had to limit the number of speakers for the public comment sessions because it was getting out of control.

It's one of the few sitcoms of the last 20 years that I could still watch again and appreciate.

Giuliani "removes his name from consideration" after Trump tells him he's not getting State.

I'm not convinced he ever had a chance. Trump has to have someone that can run the country as his SoS. I believe every word of that rumor that went around saying Trump asked Kasich to "head up foreign and domestic policy" while Trump simply "makes America great."

Giuliani "removes his name from consideration" after Trump tells him he's not getting State.

Rudy, Christie, and Newt all shut out of cabinet positions. All severely damaged goods, good move by Trump to Soup Nazi their asses. OTOH Trump clowned everyone with Carson and still hasn't ruled Palin out. Should cut Flynn loose. Ideologues have to be pissed Kris Kobach didn't get AG or Homeland Security.

And another Goldman Sachs pick with Gary Cohn (president of GS) as Director of National Economic Council. That's two top spots for people with strong ties to GS. Bobs/other Trump shills who railed Hillary for her ties to GS and creamed their pants when Wikileaks released transcripts of her speeches to them..are you cool with economic policy being shaped by top Goldman alums? Or do you just not give a shit because In Trump We Trust.

Last edited:
They don't give a shit. It's pretty clear they were just looking for reasons to hate Hillary.

And another Goldman Sachs pick with Gary Cohn (president of GS) as Director of National Economic Council. That's two top spots for people with strong ties to GS. Bobs/other Trump shills who railed Hillary for her ties to GS and creamed their pants when Wikileaks released transcripts of her speeches to them..are you cool with economic policy being shaped by top Goldman alums? Or do you just not give a shit because In Trump We Trust.

Lol. BKF and BSF? They are oblivious, they just wanted to be anti Hillary and thought they were big tough Anti-establishment cavaliers while suckling Trumps man tits. Hoodwinked

How is it not a conflict of interest for a POTUS to be on the payroll of a network that is supposed to cover him for the news? Trump is still getting credits and profits from The Apprentice.

What I don't get is why Trump feels he needs to remain on the show in any capacity?

He doesn't need the money.
He doesn't need the press.
He doesn't need to build his brand.

I think it's purely about ego, but I don't see the end game.

rj peddling Fake News once again.

How is it not a conflict of interest for a POTUS to be on the payroll of a network that is supposed to cover him for the news? Trump is still getting credits and profits from The Apprentice.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a "conflict of interest" for a POTUS. I think it is strictly whether it is politically dumb, and so far none of this seems to matter politically.

Trump putting the military industrial complex on notice. This is good to see.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a "conflict of interest" for a POTUS. I think it is strictly whether it is politically dumb, and so far none of this seems to matter politically.

Not exactly true.He can't take anything from a company or government with foreign holdings. NBC/Universal does sell The Apprentice abroad. But keep supporting the CIC (Crook-In-Charge).

Except the fact that certain foreign conflicts of interest are clearly in contradiction of the plain language of the US Constitution unless expressly approved by congress?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

NBC and MSNBC have such glowing coverage of Trump. Even shows like SNL! Great points RJ, this is a yuge concern

Back