• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russian Meteor Strike; Hundreds injured...

Chelyabinsk is much like Russia's Oak Ridge, a huge part of their nuclear complex is based there.

Most of the videos you see on YouTube include people shouting, wondering if a war had just started. Chelyabinsk is one of the first places we would attack if WW3 ever started (Gary Powers was shot down trying to fly over it, for example) . There's a video of the inside of a school and teachers are losing their minds, they think the end of the world has come. There's some blood curdling true fear and horror in some of those videos.

More than anything, that's my lasting impression of this. I hope someday we don't have an event like this that doesn't bring the fear of nuclear holocaust with it, no matter how briefly.

If that happened here, my dog would never stop hiding under the bed.

How many of the injuries were turned ankles of Russian Duke/Craowhina fans who saw the light coming towards them and twisted an ankle flopping?

21665_611405812222209_891543122_n.jpg

Looks like pretty much every shooting star I've seen. It's always cool to see them, though.

Yea it wasn't a big deal...just thought it was funny.

Though it looked a little bigger than ones I've seen...I usually think of shooting stars as small streaks higher in the sky....that looked like an actual meteorite falling nearby

Back