• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

First off - I come in peace...

Irish fan here that is super excited about the prospect of adding SH to the roster. He is the missing piece for an ND program that has had good to great talent everywhere but the QB position as of late. I am curious about some of your comments in this thread about him having meltdown games. Is that performance or attitude?

Oh, and if ND is really paying him $3 million I would be ecstatic with that. ND has lost out on a number of players that have stated NIL is a factor for them choosing somewhere else.
You guys are getting a good one. Has had wayyy more hero games than meltdown games, but he's let turnovers snowball in a handful of big games in his career, including the ACC championship game last season and the Louisville game this year. He also did the same thing against Wisconsin in the bowl game in 2020.

Overall, you're getting a high character, smart guy, who will rep the Irish well, steal the ladies hearts, and most likely put up big stats behind a strong OL.

You guys are getting a good one. Has had wayyy more hero games than meltdown games, but he's let turnovers snowball in a handful of big games in his career, including the ACC championship game last season and the Louisville game this year. He also did the same thing against Wisconsin in the bowl game in 2020.

Overall, you're getting a high character, smart guy, who will rep the Irish well, steal the ladies hearts, and most likely put up big stats behind a strong OL.
Thanks! ND's O-Line is a strength of the team so that is encouraging.

Our WR group will be super young (the older guys are not very talented) and his experience will be a huge plus.

Thanks! ND's O-Line is a strength of the team so that is encouraging.

Our WR group will be super young (the older guys are not very talented) and his experience will be a huge plus.
Some of Hartman’s success came from our absolutely stellar WR core during his tenure. He was literally able to just throw the ball up much of the time with a decent chance that someone would catch it. I don’t know a ton about ND’s WRs, but they won’t be as good as what he has had so that will be interesting to watch.

Regarding the “blow-up” games, Hartman has been very open about his mental health challenges. Things seem to just snowball at times.

Lots of Hartman’s success came from our absolutely stellar WR core during his tenure. He was literally able to just throw the ball up much of the time with a decent chance that someone would catch it.

Regarding the “blow-up” games, Hartman has been very open about his mental health challenges. Things seem to just snowball at times.
Gotcha. A few of the games I watched he seemed to be very accurate. Our new WR recruits are all pretty big bodies so we are hopeful they can come down with 50/50 balls. ND has not had a QB in a long time that has trusted his receivers to just go get the ball.

I enjoyed my time at Wake, but for grad school, instead of receiving $3 mil, I forked over several hundred grand to Duke for a degree so I could get a really good job. Other posters have done similar. It didn't affect my loyalty to Wake at all, I hated Duke sports before and I hate them now. Grad school is about getting the best job you can, that is the only reason to do it. And that is what Hartman is doing, and they are also paying him a shitton of money to do it. There is no basis to criticize the guy.

He is a good kid and I'll root for him his whole career. And that includes against us if we are already out of it and he has a chance to win a natty and/or Heisman.

I think half the college football players are in the portal. Loyalty is pretty much nonexistent in the sport. Be happy we had him for 14 years and be happy for him wherever he goes.

Prompt:
Write a sensual love poem to an Irish woman with red hair

Oh my Irish rose, with hair as red as flame
Your beauty sets my heart afire, I cannot tame
The passions that you ignite within my soul With just one look, my love for you is made whole

Your lips are like the sweetest nectar, I long to taste
Your curves, like the rolling hills of Ireland, are a thing of grace
Your voice, like the gentle breeze that blows through the heather
Makes me weak in the knees, I can't help but surrender

Your laughter is like music to my ears
My love for you grows with each passing year
Your fiery spirit and wild Irish ways
Are the very things that make my love ablaze

So let us lay together, in this moment of pure delight
As we lose ourselves in each other, through the long and sensual night
For you, my love, are my Irish rose
And I am yours, forever to propose.

IMO Sam had to do this if he wants to play in the NFL. If he tries to go now he'll be seen as a system QB. A year in another system, especially with a high-profile program with lots of national exposure, can only enhance his chances.
Well, technically, it could hurt his chances if he goes there and fails or looks worse...

Prompt:
Write a tinder message to an Irish woman with red hair

Hey there! I noticed you have gorgeous red hair and as an Irish man, I have a weakness for fiery redheads. Want to grab a pint and see if we have a spark? Cheers!

Prompt:
Write an outline of a romance novel about a man from Indiana falling in love with an Irish woman with red hair

I. Introduction
  • Set up the story: man from Indiana, woman from Ireland
  • Introduce the main characters: Jack and Maeve
II. First encounter
  • Jack and Maeve meet for the first time in a bar in Indiana
  • They are immediately drawn to each other
III. Building a connection
  • Jack and Maeve spend more time together and begin to develop feelings for each other
  • Jack learns more about Maeve's culture and her life in Ireland
  • Maeve falls in love with Jack's laid-back Midwestern charm
IV. Conflict
  • Jack and Maeve face some challenges in their relationship, including long distance and cultural differences
  • They must navigate these obstacles and find a way to make their relationship work
V. Resolution
  • Jack and Maeve decide to move to Ireland together and start a life there
  • They find a way to balance their different backgrounds and build a future together
VI. Epilogue
  • Jack and Maeve are happy and content in their new life in Ireland, surrounded by Maeve's family and friends
  • They look back on their journey and realize that their love for each other is stronger than any obstacle they faced.

could be a big U2 fan. just hopefully not full on Van Morrison antivaxer
Prompt:
Write a song in the style of U2 about Notre dame football
6 / 6

Verse 1: We stand here, united in faith
As the Fighting Irish take the field
The Notre Dame faithful, proud and true
Raise our voices in song, for all to hear

Chorus: We are the Notre Dame football team
Our spirit runs deep, our hearts afire
We march on, with strength and pride
Together, we will conquer every night