• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

IMHO, Sam had three obvious reasons to go to ND.
1. Get a bag.
2. Make a run at the national championship.
3. Play in a "show case for the NFL" system, to enhance his draft stock.

#1 accomplished
#2 not happening
#3. TBD. But bowl game unlikely to change opinions and carries risk of injury.

Two interesting questions
1. Does he stay at Notre Dame for the spring semester?
2. Where does he hold his pro day?

IMHO, Sam had three obvious reasons to go to ND.
1. Get a bag.
2. Make a run at the national championship.
3. Play in a "show case for the NFL" system, to enhance his draft stock.

#1 accomplished
#2 not happening
#3. TBD. But bowl game unlikely to change opinions and carries risk of injury.

Two interesting questions
1. Does he stay at Notre Dame for the spring semester?
2. Where does he hold his pro day?
The pro day is important for his teammates here.

Not a fan of the opt out even as much as I love the dude. You're getting paid, you play out the season, regardless of whether it's in the playoffs or not.

Because despite him being very media savvy and telegenic and pretty good off the cuff, he is not very good at reading from a teleprompter. He is also probably legitimately bummed out that his college career is over so he sounds sad and low energy
Sam Hartman is a good dude and all, but he hated doing media during his time in Winston-Salem.

I truly can't believe people are still salty at Hartman for going to ND.

You can't believe people are salty that ND tampered with our QB during the season, and then he left to play for them knowing he had a game against us this season?

You can't believe people are salty that ND tampered with our QB during the season, and then he left to play for them knowing he had a game against us this season?
To the extent that is true, that is an issue with ND.

No, I cannot believe people are mad at Hartman for going to ND after graduating from Wake and playing at Wake for 5 years. That is completely ridiculous.

Not a fan of the opt out even as much as I love the dude. You're getting paid, you play out the season, regardless of whether it's in the playoffs or not.
Meh. Plenty of highly-paid players on other teams are opting out of more high profile bowls than the Sun Bowl. I don't think that Notre Dame fans are going to be too upset about the decision, they knew that they were hiring a one-year mercenary.

Back