• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Alright so Hartman has not entered the portal yet but "he is expected to enter the portal and sign with Notre dame"
Okay so no tampering by ND whatsoever. Got it. Nice rules ncaa

If ND is willing to pony up the cash, I hope Hartman gets paid. I do worry about Hartman and that fan base - Freeman righted the ship and avoided a complete disaster this year, but every fan that I've interacted with expects them to be back in the playoff next year

Here is the 2023 Irish football schedule (note that future FB Schedules initially listed ND's week #2 opponent as Tennessee, but the opponent is actually Tennessee State -- big difference).

08/26 TBA
Navy –
Dublin, IRE

09/02 TBA
Tennessee State
Notre Dame, IN

09/16 TBA
Central Michigan
Notre Dame, IN

09/23 TBA
Ohio State
Notre Dame, IN

10/14 TBA
Southern Cal
Notre Dame, IN

10/28 TBA
Wake Forest
Notre Dame, IN

11/04 TBA
Clemson
Clemson, SC

11/25 TBA
Stanford
Stanford, CA

TBA
Duke
Durham, NC

/ TBA
Louisville
Louisville, KY

/ TBA
Pittsburgh
Notre Dame, IN

/ TBA
North Carolina State
Raleigh, NC

Sucks that Sam is going to ND and playing Wake. That will greatly hamper his legacy to me. He's choosing to go and play us, make no mistake about it. He was part of a very disappointing year this year, and a bad end of last season as well. Thanks for the memories and good luck elsewhere. Hope we kick your ass.

Someone just texted me they will offer $3 million. If that amount is correct, he cannot pass it up.

Alright so Hartman has not entered the portal yet but "he is expected to enter the portal and sign with Notre dame"
Okay so no tampering by ND whatsoever. Got it. Nice rules ncaa
Yeah and dumb people on Twitter don’t seem to get this. Thamel is one of the top insiders. It essentially means it’s a done deal. Therefore he has either been in contact with ND or with Sam who has been in contact with ND.

Y’all mad at Sam just because the school that has apparently offered him the most money just happens to be playing us next year? If I’m him I’m not taking a significant paycut just to avoid playing against my former team.

Last edited:
Someone just texted me they will offer $3 million. If that amount is correct, he cannot pass it up.
I’m sure someone else would offer also him that then. Someone who doesn’t play us next year. This does massively hamper my opinion of him tbh. If you’re all “I love WF” and “it’s my home forever” then you don’t willingly go play against us.

Y’all mad at Sam just because the school that has apparently offered him the most money just happens to be playing is next year? If I’m him I’m not taking a significant payout just to avoid playing against my former team.

He does what is best for him. We root and act according to what is best for Wake forest. It's all just business now

Last edited:
Barring injury, with that OL and D, I'm confident to predict high Heisman talk, just as I predicted for Walker.

Y’all mad at Sam just because the school that has apparently offered him the most money just happens to be playing is next year? If I’m him I’m not taking a significant payout just to avoid playing against my former team.
Not mad at him. He can do whatever he wants. Just like I can and I want to not root for ND which means not rooting for ND’s QB. I root for Wake. That’s it. When people leave they are no longer playing for Wake which means I no longer root for them.

Yeah, i’m with you here. Sam already has a Wake degree, is a 5 year Wake letterman, has the ACC passing touchdown record as a Deac, has led Wake to 3(?) bowls, including an ACC championship game. I’m not going to begrudge him for 1 game against us.

Yeah and dumb people on Twitter don’t seem to get this. Thamel is one of the top insiders. It essentially means it’s a done deal. Therefore he has either been in contact with ND or with Sam who has been in contact with ND.

Meh, complaining about tampering doesn't make sense in today's environment. We are in the height of player empowerment, and schools being able to "tamper" is a good thing for players who can get more information about $$ opportunities. Hopefully our NIL collective is also actively reaching out to potential players who are a good fit for us.

The NCAA needs to adjust based on the new reality and change transfer rules and other outdated processes.

Back