• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr - strength

And you are the "I support absolutely nobody good" fan.

Congrats!

My pro teams have been pretty solid. My second college football team had a good season.

Word.

Not worth my time or dollar anymore. I don't even care enough to be mad now.

We lost? I laugh. Of course we lost. Mindset.

I flipped it on the game last night for about 2 minutes, flipped the channel to something else for a bit, then turned out the lights and went to sleep. Didn't even know the final until this morning. There was a time when there was no way I could even think about sleeping if we were playing. Hey, at least I can thank Ronnie W. for being well rested today.

Do you give millions of dollars to causes you don't care about?

Funny.

I was at the game last night. There were thousands of Wake fans that appeared to be caring.

On a tangent, has there been discussion of the student turnout? Impressive - multiple upper deck sections full. It was amazing to me how many more students there were than at the UVA game.

I flipped it on the game last night for about 2 minutes, flipped the channel to something else for a bit, then turned out the lights and went to sleep. Didn't even know the final until this morning. There was a time when there was no way I could even think about sleeping if we were playing. Hey, at least I can thank Ronnie W. for being well rested today.
Aye.

What those in charge need to know is that we don't care anymore.

When is our next game? Saturday or sunday? I honestly don't know. Or care.

Funny.

I was at the game last night. There were thousands of Wake fans that appeared to be caring.

On a tangent, has there been discussion of the student turnout? Impressive - multiple upper deck sections full. It was amazing to me how many more students there were than at the UVA game.

Probably almost as many Duke fans.

So I don't know if you're aware of this but the people that "matter" are the ones pumping their hard earned money into our basketball program. We have a lot of those people and they are the ones pulling the strings right now.

It's frustrating, I get it. We're all pissed and many feel betrayed, but I can assure you we have a boatload of more people that care than don't. The boards negative echo chamber isn't the pulse of our fan base and it certainly doesn't represent the people making decisions and pulling the strings. You are in the minority.

Yeah. I was surprised we have a Sat night against Louisville.

So I don't know if you're aware of this but the people that "matter" are the ones pumping their hard earned money into our basketball program. We have a lot of those people and they are the ones pulling the strings right now.

It's frustrating, I get it. We're all pissed and many feel betrayed, but I can assure you we have a boatload of more people that care than don't. The boards negative echo chamber isn't the pulse of our fan base and it certainly doesn't represent the people making decisions and pulling the strings. You are in the minority.

True, and that is why we still suck.

Funny.

Yep, I was there too and the passion isn't gone. Our students are aching for a team to be excited about and our fans alike. The love for Wake basketball hasn't gone anywhere, it's just been negatively voiced on these boards by the likes of blowhards like DV <6"

I think the frustration is while I'm sure they care, it seems for whatever reason, Wellman has brainwashed them into being "yes" men for him.

Yeah. I was surprised we have a Sat night against Louisville.

Things more fun to do on a Saturday night then watch Wake Forest get trashed by the dirtiest program in college basketball, I'll start: pass a large kidney stone

You're wrong.

The pulse of the program isn't the fucking clowns that write 100,000 dollar checks. Those will always remain no matter the circumstances because it makes them feel good about themselves.

The pulse of the program is us -- the losers that post on the internet about a sports team. We are the true supporters that tell the tale about the state of the program.

The program is dead. And you're a fucking idiot if you think it isn't. I personally don't give a fuck about Wake (or college) basketball anymore. I'm not alone in losing my interest in the product.

Some fucking rich asshole writing a check won't change the fact that rabid interest in Wake basketball is dead. You know this. Stop lying to yourself and others. Peace.

Yep, I was there too and the passion isn't gone. Our students are aching for a team to be excited about and our fans alike. The love for Wake basketball hasn't gone anywhere, it's just been negatively voiced on these boards by the likes of blowhards like DV <6"

Yep. The disconnect between these boards and what happens in real life at the games is strong. Now, attendance at Wake bball games on average is down compared to 10 years ago - there's no doubt about that. But from reading the boards you would think there would be about 1000 people at the game. Last night was a large and animated crowd, and there were a ton of students.

True, and that is why we still suck.

Also not true.

Do you understand how passionate some of our donors are? Look no further than a guy like Mit Shah. The dude has built a business empire, owns part of a pro sports team and drops millions on his Alma mater, all while constantly working to build the Wake basketball brand. He does this with his money, his actions and he's pushing pro wake on social media. There are silent Mit Shah's out there too. He's just one example.

OMG SUCH AN INSIGHTFUL COMMENT

Students want a good team to cheer for!!?!?!?!?!

I WISH WE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT SOONER. CREAMY DREADNESS, YOU'RE A GENIUS!

I think the frustration is while I'm sure they care, it seems for whatever reason, Wellman has brainwashed them into being "yes" men for him.

This is such a lazy, tired narrative. It isn't true no matter how many times it's said.

These guys aren't pawns, they're successful business men and women.

OMG SUCH AN INSIGHTFUL COMMENT

Students want a good team to cheer for!!?!?!?!?!

I WISH WE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT SOONER. CREAMY DREADNESS, YOU'RE A GENIUS!

I was responding to Rafi, agreeing that I was impressed by the turnout. Weird response...

Also not true.

Do you understand how passionate some of our donors are? Look no further than a guy like Mit Shah. The dude has built a business empire, owns part of a pro sports team and drops millions on his Alma mater, all while constantly working to build the Wake basketball brand. He does this with his money, his actions and he's pushing pro wake on social media. There are silent Mit Shah's out there too. He's just one example.

Dude, are you Steve Shut? Or whatever you're stupid name is. Y/N?

Back