• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Watched some of the DP this a.m. down on a cool Gary Player course in Sun City South Africa. Really good field, and JT and Homa are down there.

Kuehn is -5 and made the cut at the penultimate LPGA tourney. Had it at -7 but lost 2 strokes late. Kupcho not playing. Homa is leading by 1 at Sun City after 3 rounds.

Camilo Villegas won the PGA Fall Series tournament in Bermuda yesterday. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/camilo-villegas-wins-butterfield-bermuda-championship-2023

He lost a 22 month old daughter a few years ago to pediatric cancer, so it was really good to see him have success.
Yeah, nice to see Villegas back playing well - always liked him. And Homa did win going away in RSA. Kuehn finished T-15 in Florida. That's gotta give her confidence moving forward, and it'd be great to see her win at Augusta. And Lilia Vu won the event, which gives her 4 wins (2 majors) for the year, and she should now be Rolex POY. She'd be the 1st American since Stacy Lewis to be POY in 2014, and the last American before Lewis was Beth Daniel in 1994. American women have also won 9 tourneys and 3 of the 5 majors this year - best year for us in forever.

Camilo Villegas won the PGA Fall Series tournament in Bermuda yesterday. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/camilo-villegas-wins-butterfield-bermuda-championship-2023

He lost a 22 month old daughter a few years ago to pediatric cancer, so it was really good to see him have success.
He was slated to compete against a friend of mine in the 2nd stage of Q-school starting tomorrow in Florida.

Now, he's got a full PGA Tour card for 2 years, with entries into next year's majors.

... And, a giant check for $1.1 MM

What a change 8 days can make. (Camilo shot 65 in Cabo last Sunday to barely qualify for the Bermuda Championship).

The last PGAT event of 2023 is set for this weekend:

RSM Classic at St. Simons Island.

Cam Young and Webb Simpson are entered.

really happy for max homa finding success
I hope we see more US players playing DP events like Sun City and Leopard Creek. Both courses are fantastic, and both have wild game reserves on the other side of the fence so you can do a safari while you're there. Max and JT talked about what an incredible experience it was going there. And yeah, I root for Max as much as I do Will and Cam these days.

Watched a little of the 3rd round replay of the Hong Kong Open this a.m. There were 5-6 LIV guys in the field - guess they needed ranking points. There was a pretty bad cheating violation late in the 4th round involving Kongwatmai from Thailand if anyone wants to catch that tomorrow a.m. Some Aussie I've never heard of won even though Cam Smith was tied for the lead going into the final round. Gooch was T-42. So much LIV winning.

The last PGAT event of 2023 is set for this weekend:

RSM Classic at St. Simons Island.

Cam Young and Webb Simpson are entered.
The Fall Season has really been entertaining; competitive golf along with some good back-stories. As much as I like college and NFL football, after a full weekend of it along with the Deac's struggles, winding down the weekend with a nice tumbler and some easy-viewing Sunday golf has been enjoyable.

Watched a little of the 3rd round replay of the Hong Kong Open this a.m. There were 5-6 LIV guys in the field - guess they needed ranking points. There was a pretty bad cheating violation late in the 4th round involving Kongwatmai from Thailand if anyone wants to catch that tomorrow a.m. Some Aussie I've never heard of won even though Cam Smith was tied for the lead going into the final round. Gooch was T-42. So much LIV winning.
So he tied for 42nd in a random Asian Tour event?

Insert "is this your king?" gif.

The Fall Season has really been entertaining; competitive golf along with some good back-stories. As much as I like college and NFL football, after a full weekend of it along with the Deac's struggles, winding down the weekend with a nice tumbler and some easy-viewing Sunday golf has been enjoyable.
Two incredible finishes:

Two weeks ago, EVR won last week with an eagle on 18 (after teeing off with an iron) with he had his caddy in tears because his Minnesota college teammate has terminal cancer (on top of that it was great to see Kuchar get passed on the leaderboard over the last three holes), and then this past week, Camillo Villegas (who has had his own hardships) essentially out of exemptions to save his PGA career finishes 2nd to EVR to qualify for Bermuda, and then Villegas wins for the first time in years was great to see as well. Next six weeks will suck until the 2024 PGA season kicks off in Hawaii.

Two incredible finishes:

Two weeks ago, EVR won last week with an eagle on 18 (after teeing off with an iron) with he had his caddy in tears because his Minnesota college teammate has terminal cancer (on top of that it was great to see Kuchar get passed on the leaderboard over the last three holes), and then this past week, Camillo Villegas (who has had his own hardships) essentially out of exemptions to save his PGA career finishes 2nd to EVR to qualify for Bermuda, and then Villegas wins for the first time in years was great to see as well. Next six weeks will suck until the 2024 PGA season kicks off in Hawaii.
DP Fall tourneys >>>>>> PGA Fall tourneys. Irish, Wentworth, Paris, St. Andrews, Madrid, Andalucia (usually Valderrama), Sun City and Dubai - then Leopard Creek in December. That said, I was happy for Villegas and EVR.

I'm old so I'll make the 80's reference....I ain't gonna play sun city.
I enjoyed the 60 Minutes interview with Little Stevie, and they brought that up. Kudos to the reference.

Also watched a few minutes of the Indonesian Open this a.m. Reed finished T-7 and McDowell T-14. And Indian guy named Bhullar won. And Reed has a hard time keeping up with Canadian RT Lee the last couple weeks. So much LIV winning.

Apparently he's still battling for format changes or he'd already have jumped.

After the PGA Tour sold out their membership, Rory bolted, nobody wants to join the PGA Board, and they capitulated to elevated events - why not take the money? They've said there will be a path back anyway, guys like Rahm are exempt for a decade into the majors...

Wouldn't be surprised if the DP World Tour folds soon and lets the LIV guys back somehow. There's just no plan and no clear lines so why not take the millions...

Back