• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Apparently he's still battling for format changes or he'd already have jumped.

After the PGA Tour sold out their membership, Rory bolted, nobody wants to join the PGA Board, and they capitulated to elevated events - why not take the money? They've said there will be a path back anyway, guys like Rahm are exempt for a decade into the majors...

Wouldn't be surprised if the DP World Tour folds soon and lets the LIV guys back somehow. There's just no plan and no clear lines so why not take the millions...
and yet, no progress what so ever seems to be made between an actual merger between the two sides. My understanding is that the deal was simply a framework to for later negotiations and does not legally obligate either side to anything aside from dropping litigation. What is to stop PGAT from basically just not doing anything with LIV?

Surprised to see Rahm considering jumping when he's so into the history of the game. Hope he doesn't.

Meanwhile, and under the radar, Lilia Vu is now officially the 1st American since Stacy Lewis to win LPGA POY.

If you're looking for some a.m. golf to watch the next 3 weeks, the DP is in Brisbane this week, Johannesburg the next 2, Melbourne next week and my favorite the Dunhill at Leopard's Creek in 2 weeks. The fields are pretty good, especially in Australia where Min Woo is 1 up on Scott at the halfway mark.

Hero World Challenge is set for this weekend.

First appearance in a long time for Will Z.

Oh yeah, Tiger is playing too. Rahm is not playing.

Last edited:
Hero World Challenge is set for this weekend.

First appearance in a long time for Will Z.

Oh yeah, Tiger is playing too. Rahm is not playing.
Oh good, we'll see Tiger hitting every shot, walking to every shot, waiting to hit every shot and then Tiger highlights when he's done. It will be like a one man tournament. I know, I know Tiger moves the needle, so I get it. At least this isn't like a real tournament where you might actually be interested in seeing other players. I actually hope Tiger shows well this weekend.

If you all don't listen already, highly recommend the Shotgun Start Year in Review podcasts.

Watched the SA Open the last 2 mornings. It's a cool looking course outside of Joburg and is over 8200 yards. It's high altitude, but that's still long. There are 3 par 4s in a row on the back that total like 1550.

Edited to add Azinger is out at NBC. Ding dong the Wicked Witch is dead. And there was much rejoicing. Either McGinley or Byrum would be fine as replacements. Byrum is smooth, and I really enjoy McGinley.

Last edited:
Good weekend for LIV with Burmester winning in RSA and Niemann winning in Australia and for the Lee family with Min Wu finishing 3rd and Minjee finishing 2nd. Alex finished T-8 in Australia. This week is the combined PGA/LPGA event here and Leopard Creek with elephant cam in RSA. I'm rooting for team Canada with Conners and Henderson.

Weird that Rahm's move wasn't officially announced. Guessing that the PGAT are doing their best to dissuade the move and/or the merger talks may be starting to crystallize; so, the PGAT have advised Rahm to wait.

Ha if he’s getting $600M the PGA doesn’t get to advise him of jack shit… I heard he and Koepka both frustrated by the lack of communication and effort around fixing their format. But who knows.

Tiger driving it 330 and ending up 4th in strokes gained tee-to-green were eyebrow-raising stats this past weekend.

Side note that I cannot believe they’re going to go forward with the ball rollback. Just seems like an insane move to me. Will be fascinating to see how the tours respond. Lot of speculation they may adopt a local rule to ignore it. Then comically you’d have amateurs in USGA events being screwed but not tour pros. So dumb.

This GT kid Lamprecht from RSA can play and looks as long as Burmester. And he's 6'7". Andy Bean is about the only pro I can think of who was that tall. Lamprecht looks like he can be next season's Aberg.

Well, Lamprecht won the 2023 British Am (he also led the Open Championship after round 1), and as a result, he was the #1 Am in the world; so, yes, its reasonable to think he will be a successful pro.

This GT kid Lamprecht from RSA can play and looks as long as Burmester. And he's 6'7". Andy Bean is about the only pro I can think of who was that tall. Lamprecht looks like he can be next season's Aberg.
Masters Champion George Archer was 6'6"

Well, Lamprecht won the 2023 British Am (he also led the Open Championship after round 1), and as a result, he was the #1 Am in the world; so, yes, its reasonable to think he will be a successful pro.
I had heard of him as 1 of the top college men at GT and knew he was now the #1 am but hadn't seen him play until the last couple of weeks. Nienaber and Higgo were supposed to be the next great RSA golfers but have fizzled for now. Just saying this kid looks like the real deal.

Phil Blackmaar was 6-7 as well.

There was a guy that is 6-9 who got his card and lost it last year.

Phil Blackmaar was 6-7 as well.

There was a guy that is 6-9 who got his card and lost it last year.
I saw Blackmar interviewing Ernie Els during an Champions Tour broadcast and he made Ernie look small and Ernie is a good sized dude.

Oughta set the PGA back on its ass to have now lost its Masters champ. More coming for his team also. Plus he will have US Open rights till 2031, lifetime Masters and the other two for what, 5 more years.

Back