• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

unreal for 2 59's so close together.
are these course just really easy?

Not to mention Kisner missing a short one for 59 last week and Furyk dropping 58 late last year.

Dekin, where do you live you lucky bastard? I'm in the middle of a 3-4 month stretch without golf.

FWIW, Tommy Fleetwood won in Abu Dhabi this morning, holding off DJ, Larrazabal and the barnrat. I find the holes there to be more recognizable than at PGA West. Part of that is because it's at 3 courses and wasn't there I think for a number of years. The other problem they have is they're up against football today. I'm not sure there was anything they could have done either. If the NFL plays the 2 games during the day and ends around 7:00, the PGA could have moved back the starting times to end around 9:00. But they couldn't start early enough to end at 3:00 EST.

Speaking of PGA/NFL "overlap", I've always wanted to do the Waste Management / Super Bowl in Vegas weekend. That Sunday combo is one of my favorite days of the year.

Don't be so sure. Were the conditions difficult? - a little wet and muddy, but shots into the green stuck pretty well.....and we got rained out the back 9

Even if you were able to duplicate your feat on the back, that still leaves you a few shy of 59 -I know. Those guys are on a different level. But I'll get excited anytime I break 80

Dekin, where do you live you lucky bastard? I'm in the middle of a 3-4 month stretch without golf. - GA. We try to play year round, weather permitting.

Dekin, where do you live you lucky bastard? I'm in the middle of a 3-4 month stretch without golf.
EST.

I've plated each of the past two weeks in Charlotte. Would have played more if not for #work.

#upsideofglobalclimatechange

From ESPN's knowledgeable Bob Harig:

Tiger Woods could probably do without the cold San Diego weather as it is now 46 degrees at Torrey Pines as he plays the second hole in the pro am for the Farmers Insurance Open. So far the swings are very easy and there won't be much grinding. The temperature will be in the high 50s when he tees off Thursday.

From ESPN's knowledgeable Bob Harig:

Tiger Woods could probably do without the cold San Diego weather as it is now 46 degrees at Torrey Pines as he plays the second hole in the pro am for the Farmers Insurance Open. So far the swings are very easy and there won't be much grinding. The temperature will be in the high 50s when he tees off Thursday.

I'm in San Diego now. It's cool, but clear. Luckily it's cleared up. The past few days were very rainy and windy with some flooding and mudslides. Not the typical SD weather. The course should be good tomorrow.

Speaking of PGA/NFL "overlap", I've always wanted to do the Waste Management / Super Bowl in Vegas weekend. That Sunday combo is one of my favorite days of the year.

Doing that weekend in Scottsdale this year. Can't wait. I'll be the one streaking across 16 when the leaders come through on Saturday. Look for me wearing only a Wake hat.

I'm in San Diego now. It's cool, but clear. Luckily it's cleared up. The past few days were very rainy and windy with some flooding and mudslides. Not the typical SD weather. The course should be good tomorrow.

Yeah, our hearts bleed for you San Diegoans. Sure glad it cleared up for you...

Power group of Dustin, Day, and Tiger combine for +9 and zero cuts made. Yeesh.

Tiger looks like he's swinging at about 50% effort. These are like warmup laps on the way to the Masters...

Power group of Dustin, Day, and Tiger combine for +9 and zero cuts made. Yeesh.

Tiger looks like he's swinging at about 50% effort. These are like warmup laps on the way to the Masters...

Hasn't DJ been in Hawaii to Abu Dhabi to SoCal in the last 3 weeks. No wonder. And most of us would have bet against Tiger making the cut his 1st week back on such a long and brutal course.

Should have an interesting afternoon. 17 within 3 shots at Torrey, and Lewis, Thompson, Piller and Lincicome way out in front in the Bahamas. The LPGA tour has to be happy about that - can't remember the last time we had an American leader board like that. Or maybe the Korean contingent is boycotting the Bahamas.

Jon Rahm played great golf today. He has the look of being a star on Tour. I wonder what his Ryder Cup intentions are--obviously he's Spanish, but I haven't heard of any plans he has to play European Tour events in order to accrue points. Is this a Paul Casey situation where he's just going to play the PGA Tour and forgo the Ryder Cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rahm is going to be really good for a really long time. What a final round today.

Back