• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Rahm is going to be really good for a really long time. What a final round today.

Heck of a round today and what a finish.....eagle on 18.
He came from nowhere on the back 9.
Was great that he had about an hour to celebrate with the fans before the tournament ended.

That eagle putt on 18 was filthy....what a great read (and perfect speed putting it back towards the hazard)

Jon Rahm played great golf today. He has the look of being a star on Tour. I wonder what his Ryder Cup intentions are--obviously he's Spanish, but I haven't heard of any plans he has to play European Tour events in order to accrue points. Is this a Paul Casey situation where he's just going to play the PGA Tour and forgo the Ryder Cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro Tour is going to change the criteria to help them field the best team possible. Rahm is a fucking beast and is going to be a major factor for them in future Ryder Cups.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if he contends in a major or two this year.

Rahm looked darn good as an amateur in 1 event I watched last year. Another straight bomber and with nice touch around the greens. Post Sergio, it looks like there will still be a great Spanish Armada with him and RCB, who had yet another top-10. Rahm seems pretty likeable too. Seems pretty fearless - I bet he is in major contention soon. I also had no idea who Wang was, but apparently that's his 3rd win on the Euro tour, and he's only like 21.

Was turning back and forth between that and the Bahamas. Though she didn't win, Lexi isn't finishing on tippy toes as much, and she hit a lot of putts. She has wedges into most par 4s. If she can pull a DJ and improve her wedge play and putting, she can challenge Jutanugarn and Ko. And as I was saying earlier, good weekend for the Americans. Only had like 2-3 wins all year last year but had the top 5 yesterday. Stacy might have won but for a triple from some trouble in some bushes.

Last edited:
Was Tiger in the morning or afternoon wave? I saw the last bit this morning, and apparently the wind was blowing a lot more in the afternoon than the morning.

Morning. Totally benign conditions. Saw the first few holes before I went to bed - his opening drive was a duck hook pull and he immediately grabbed his back. Couldn't clear a bunker to even lay up out of the rough, couldn't keep the ball on the green from that bunker, winced again swinging in the green-side bunker. He walks like he's still hurt and he looks like he's swinging it at 50% effort.

I always thought he'd make a comeback just because it seems like every player deals with crippling back pain at some point then it always gets better. Even Couples was in the mix for a few Masters after he almost had to quit playing. But at this point I could see retirement coming. He looks heavy, in pain, slow, and like he's not enjoying being on the golf course at all.

And Tiger promptly withdraws due to injury. Maybe he can try applying for one of those golf carts with the red flag on it.

Morning. Totally benign conditions. Saw the first few holes before I went to bed - his opening drive was a duck hook pull and he immediately grabbed his back. Couldn't clear a bunker to even lay up out of the rough, couldn't keep the ball on the green from that bunker, winced again swinging in the green-side bunker. He walks like he's still hurt and he looks like he's swinging it at 50% effort.

I always thought he'd make a comeback just because it seems like every player deals with crippling back pain at some point then it always gets better. Even Couples was in the mix for a few Masters after he almost had to quit playing. But at this point I could see retirement coming. He looks heavy, in pain, slow, and like he's not enjoying being on the golf course at all.

I agree, and while I am not a Tiger fan, I hate to see it end this way for him. He deserves to have another 10-15 years in the sun.

I saw a little this morning, which I guess was yesterday's replay. Tiger didn't look right. And after the round he said he felt good and then withdraws the next day. I get athletes and stars being guarded about their private lives. But what I don't get about Tiger is how apparently guarded and dishonest he is about his physical health. What the hell is wrong with admitting your back still hurts? Danny Willett and Fred Couples have never had an issue with talking about their bad backs - Danny was talking about it again yesterday. It's similar to him saying he was close when he had the chip yips a couple of years ago. He was nowhere near close. WTF is wrong with just saying hey, I'm going to try to give it a go even though I haven't been able to practice as much as I would like. I just don't get why his physical health and the state of his game has to be a closely guarded state secret.

I have Dubai on in the background while working today - the conditions are hilarious and the caddie conversations are awesome for those close to the microphones. Wind is whipping from every direction and changing ever 30 seconds.

Guys are pulling 9 iron, wind changes, pulling 6 iron, wind changes, back to wedge. Putts are moving all over the greens. Good times. Someone just hit a normal looking 8 iron and came up 35 yards short.

I have Dubai on in the background while working today - the conditions are hilarious and the caddie conversations are awesome for those close to the microphones. Wind is whipping from every direction and changing ever 30 seconds.

Guys are pulling 9 iron, wind changes, pulling 6 iron, wind changes, back to wedge. Putts are moving all over the greens. Good times. Someone just hit a normal looking 8 iron and came up 35 yards short.

It's fun to watch those type of rounds. At the LPGA Bahamas event last weekend, it was calm until a storm blew in late Sunday afternoon, and it was blowing 30-40 mph. Either 16 or 17 was a par 3 like 175 to the pin straight into the wind. Lexi came up 25 yards short with a 5 iron, and Lewis was the same distance with a hybrid, and she laughed and said she smoked it. The most memorable 4 days like that was the last time the Open was at Birkdale when Harrington won.

It's fun to watch those type of rounds. At the LPGA Bahamas event last weekend, it was calm until a storm blew in late Sunday afternoon, and it was blowing 30-40 mph. Either 16 or 17 was a par 3 like 175 to the pin straight into the wind. Lexi came up 25 yards short with a 5 iron, and Lewis was the same distance with a hybrid, and she laughed and said she smoked it. The most memorable 4 days like that was the last time the Open was at Birkdale when Harrington won.

The first Web event down there was LOL bad. Greg Eason lost 30 balls in his 2 rounds to shoot a 91/95 or something like that.

The leading threesome on the first on Wednesday went Fairway, Snap hook OB, Snap hook OB, fairway, almost snaphook OB.

A sand twister just tore down a tree while some guy was putting. Round suspended.

Back