• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Rough front for Rickie.

Last edited:
Fowler has a 5 shot lead on 18 and Miller is complaining about Fowler not knowing how to finish a tournament?

Only two people in the field shot better than -2 today. Course was just playing tough.

That was the worst I've ever heard Johnny Miller at the end of a tournament. He basically tried to discount a runaway win because Fowler didn't win clean.

Didn't see much of it because I was away for the weekend. But I don't care for the courses on the Florida swing. Kinda like Bay Hill but am meh on yesterday's course and don't care at all for the Tampa course. Also didn't care for the Joburg course. I know it was a muddy mess, but it's still not as visually interesting as some of the other RSA courses. I'm all for moving the PGA back to May and the Players back to March - then I'd get a FL course I love to watch.

Didn't see much of it because I was away for the weekend. But I don't care for the courses on the Florida swing. Kinda like Bay Hill but am meh on yesterday's course and don't care at all for the Tampa course. Also didn't care for the Joburg course. I know it was a muddy mess, but it's still not as visually interesting as some of the other RSA courses. I'm all for moving the PGA back to May and the Players back to March - then I'd get a FL course I love to watch.

Have you played Copperhead? Hell of a course in person but I can understand it no looking great on TV compared to some of the courses in Cali.

No. I haven't played many expensive or elite courses. I'm just saying what appeals to my eye. Golf course architecture is subjective. I enjoyed the Mexico City course more than the FL courses they play in March, although the poa greens seemed to confuse the players a bit. I'm mostly down on the TX courses too, although I find San Antonio and Austin CC visually interesting. Saw a little of the Tschwane in Pretoria this a.m. while eating breakfast. That was definitely better than the Joburg course last week (even taking into consideration the mud).

Speaking of Mexico City, how good is golf right now? DJ winning twice, Rahm, Spieth, Matsuyama and Justin. And now Rory is back from the DL and had a solid outing. And even though I'm not a Phil fan, it's good to see him contending despite consistently driving it in the trees.

Have you played Copperhead? Hell of a course in person but I can understand it no looking great on TV compared to some of the courses in Cali.

I've played there a few times, and it is pretty average to me. A little more elevation change than you will find on most FL courses, but nothing extreme. I've always thought the main thing that gives it some bite is the thick bermuda rough. Doesn't really have any "wow" holes. From a trip standpoint, I would opt for World Woods or Streamsong any day over Innisbrook.

I've played there a few times, and it is pretty average to me. A little more elevation change than you will find on most FL courses, but nothing extreme. I've always thought the main thing that gives it some bite is the thick bermuda rough. Doesn't really have any "wow" holes. From a trip standpoint, I would opt for World Woods or Streamsong any day over Innisbrook.

Streamsong is absolutely #1 for me. Did a trip last year with Copperhead, the Island Course. And Streamsong Red over 4 days. It was awesome and I actually may like the Island course better than Copperhead. Greens were by far the toughest part of Copperhead, couldn't get any spin, those things were rocks.

The tourney this week was awesome, golf is in such a good place right now.

Streamsong is absolutely #1 for me. Did a trip last year with Copperhead, the Island Course. And Streamsong Red over 4 days. It was awesome and I actually may like the Island course better than Copperhead. Greens were by far the toughest part of Copperhead, couldn't get any spin, those things were rocks.

The tourney this week was awesome
, golf is in such a good place right now.

[Johnny Miller Voice]"Winning by 1 for the number one player in the world wasn't stylish enough. JT, Phil, Rory, Rahm all choked and gave it to him"[/johnny miller voice]

Love Copperhead course, it's definitely my favorite Florida stop and more and more players are beginning to realize it as the fields keep getting better and better. Looks like a fairly strong field again this year, but the grind of the Honda Water Park experience followed by learning a new course at the WGC, and then travel from Fla to Mex and back probably discouraged a lot of the Top 10 this week. Cool to see Stenson in the field, but missing some additional Euro flavor due to the timing of the event. Good spot for Billy or Webb to get into contention and get some momentum for Augusta and the spring.

I see that Jay Haas has decided not to bother playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational in its first event since Arnie's death.

I see that Jay Haas has decided not to bother playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational in its first event since Arnie's death.

I was appalled to find out that Curtis Strange, Scott Hoch, Lanny Wadkins and Billy Andrade are all skipping it too.

Caught the back 9 yesterday afternoon. Nice to see Hadwin get his 1st win. Also caught a few holes of the Hero Sat a.m. That was an interesting Player design with what appeared to be a lot of contouring, cool bunker faces and a lot of wild grass - looked tough too.

Well Jay Haas is about 62 years old so that's not too surprising

I was appalled to find out that Curtis Strange, Scott Hoch, Lanny Wadkins and Billy Andrade are all skipping it too.

LOL. OK, Bill Haas. Sorry for the typo....but the point remains. Any opinions on the intended content of the post?

It seems to me that all active golfers connected to WF should make every possible effort to be there for this event and had plenty of time to arrange their schedule accordingly.

Back