• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Being a great putter helps. How about how long friggin Poulter took to take those last two putts? We get it you had a lot on the line with the medical exemption running out and all, but, uhh, your playing partner was trying to win a tournament on the 18th hole...

Being a great putter helps. How about how long friggin Poulter took to take those last two putts? We get it you had a lot on the line with the medical exemption running out and all, but, uhh, your playing partner was trying to win a tournament on the 18th hole...

Are you surprised?

As for Bryan, he's been playing well over the last year. Think they said he'd won 3 times on the .com tour last year and has been off to a decent start this year. Not a fan of the pants, however, especially with the tartan jacket.

How has Wesley Bryan gone from being on Big Break with his brother 4-5 years ago and making trick shot videos to winning multiple times on the web.com tour and now grabbing a PGA tour win? Is he just playing with a ton of confidence these past 10-12 months?

He's very good at making a golf ball go do what he wants it to do.

I called in a couple of rules infractions yesterday but I don't think they were taken seriously.

Prepare for the greatest cross genre collaboration of all time! Not sure what it will be, other than GREAT! Fowler! Beebs! Hot!

69b990cfb1a0d9db1a9eb0347db1a8f8.jpg

Watched some of the Euro final round in Shenzhen this a.m. Interesting looking course. Wiesberger beat Fleetwood in a playoff. Even though he lost, Fleetwood has been on a lot of leaderboards over the past year or so. Wouldn't be surprised to see both those guys on the next RC team. Whoever the next Euro captain is would be wise to ditch under performing vets in favor of guys like these 2, Noren and of course Rahm.

Watched some of the Euro final round in Shenzhen this a.m. Interesting looking course. Wiesberger beat Fleetwood in a playoff. Even though he lost, Fleetwood has been on a lot of leaderboards over the past year or so. Wouldn't be surprised to see both those guys on the next RC team. Whoever the next Euro captain is would be wise to ditch under performing vets in favor of guys like these 2, Noren and of course Rahm.

Doubt the Euro captain will have that choice. Pieters, Fleetwood, Rahm and a couple of the young guys will auto qualify I'd think, especially with the tweaks they are making to the scoring/qualification system to accommodate those guys.

Nice finish at the Valero today with Kevin Chappell hitting the big putt on 18 to secure his first ever win and, of course $1.1 mill!

Pretty pumped about the team event this week for the Zurich. Strongest field they have had in years. Koepka playing with his brother who is like a nationwide tour guy. Pieters and Berger. Spieth and Palmer. Rose and Stenson. Lot of fun stuff here. And gators galore!

Pretty pumped about the team event this week for the Zurich. Strongest field they have had in years. Koepka playing with his brother who is like a nationwide tour guy. Pieters and Berger. Spieth and Palmer. Rose and Stenson. Lot of fun stuff here. And gators galore!

Absolutely. Looking forward to watching it and love the Rose/Stenson pairing. This was a great move by the folks in New Orleans to pep up what was otherwise a rather blah event. Think this is going to spur on more varied formats on all the tours. Also liked the idea of having the Tournament of Champions include LPGA winners in the field - would love to see Lexi paired with Zach teeing it up 50 yards ahead of him - announcers saying, "Zach is hitting a 6 iron, and Lexi has sand wedge".

Absolutely. Looking forward to watching it and love the Rose/Stenson pairing. This was a great move by the folks in New Orleans to pep up what was otherwise a rather blah event. Think this is going to spur on more varied formats on all the tours. Also liked the idea of having the Tournament of Champions include LPGA winners in the field - would love to see Lexi paired with Zach teeing it up 50 yards ahead of him - announcers saying, "Zach is hitting a 6 iron, and Lexi has sand wedge".

Could probabably say the same thing if they were on the same set of tees....

Could probabably say the same thing if they were on the same set of tees....

I've watched each of them drive in person. I think she's only like 10-15 yards further than he is - similar ball flights too with a little 10 yard draw. But I wish she hit her wedges half as accurately as Zach does. She's a younger version of DJ. People talk about his improved putting, but it's his more accurate wedges which I think has really propelled him to #1 more than anything else.

Back