• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

So is the tournament really over, or should I go back and run the tapes in slo mo to look for other violations? After all, there might be other players who mismarked a ball spot, or grounded a club when not allowed. These errors could make an impact on paychecks. Perhaps some would need to give back money and others would get supplemental checks.

When does the review period officially end?

I don't think Lexi is the hottest player on tour, but she's definitely fashionable and is a gym rat and quite the physical specimen at 5'11". If you're ever at an LPGA event, she's definitely the most fun to follow just to watch how far she drives it, although her swing is far from perfect - very homemade. Another fun follow for the same reason is Ciganda. If you want hawt, try Mel Reid, Belen Mozo or Aza Munoz.

On a side note, this isn't just something that happens in professional golf. This attitude at the highest levels of the USGA, PGA, LPGA, etc. - the overzealous rules fetish or whatever it is - infects pretty much every level of the sport.

Rules officials from the USGA, State-level amateur events, and even club/low-level Amateur tourneys ooze this douchery on a regular basis. Sure, there are times when amateur players screw up the rules or try to take advantage of situations and deserve to get called out on it, but those occasions are wildly disproportionate to the times rules nutjobs insert themselves into situations or enforce worse-case scenarios as a matter of practice.

I've seen (and been a part of) some of the dumbest, most inane fights and arguments with these people, and abhorrent shit like this just enables them. Golf already has an uphill battle with the snobbish, elitist country club history attached to it - no need to saddle the sport with the dumbest replay system in history.

On a side note, this isn't just something that happens in professional golf. This attitude at the highest levels of the USGA, PGA, LPGA, etc. - the overzealous rules fetish or whatever it is - infects pretty much every level of the sport.

Rules officials from the USGA, State-level amateur events, and even club/low-level Amateur tourneys ooze this douchery on a regular basis. Sure, there are times when amateur players screw up the rules or try to take advantage of situations and deserve to get called out on it, but those occasions are wildly disproportionate to the times rules nutjobs insert themselves into situations or enforce worse-case scenarios as a matter of practice.

I've seen (and been a part of) some of the dumbest, most inane fights and arguments with these people, and abhorrent shit like this just enables them. Golf already has an uphill battle with the snobbish, elitist country club history attached to it - no need to saddle the sport with the dumbest replay system in history.

When you think about that fact that unintentionally misplacing her ball a quarter inch or so on a one foot putt the day before, caused her to lose in a playoff instead of winning a major in dominant fashion (would've been a four stroke win), it throws all common sense out the window. It's like a person getting a 30 year sentence for tossing their gum on the sidewalk.

You'd think there would be something that would allow the officials to say no harm, no foul if it's an infraction that resulted in no competitive advantage. It's not like she fixed a spike mark on her line, that she thought was an old divot or something, or some type of thing where her lie was made better, etc.

Last edited:
I'd love to see someone take a month of closeup camera shots of guys marking their ball, then watching someone else putt, then placing the ball back down in a slightly different position. I guarantee there would be hundreds of infractions where someone marked slight to the side, or slightly farther away, etc.

Such a nonsense call. If you really have to "do something" about a phoned in rules question issue the player a formal warning or something. Just not that hard a problem to fix.

Our club lost an interclub match because one of our members pulled out his phone to text his wife his ETA for dinner that evening. It was the 15th hole at the club and our guy won the hole to go dormie 3 up in the match with 3 to play. His opponent waited until the hole was over and then called him for a penalty (phone use was prohibited at the time in CGA interclub matches), which resulted in loss of hole and swung the match to us only being 1 up. He then melted down and lost the last 3 holes to lose the individual match and our entire team lost overall narrowly. I've never been more pissed on a golf course in my life than when I heard about it.

The tours need to just stop taking calls/info from outside parties. I can't call the NFL and tell them that they missed a holding call on the LT in the 1st qtr of a game. Yeah, I get that you are making the calls against yourself in golf as opposed to by a ref/umpire/official, but tin 99% of these the player doesn't realize they have done something wrong. They could have an official monitor TV to make sure something egregious doesn't get missed before the round is signed off on, and then just accept that anything else is "no big deal".

Just a terrific post. :werd:

PGA Tour 2017 Thread

Back to regular thread for all the other non Masters tournaments. Although Hilton Head is always an entertaining one, even though it has the unenviable spot of following the Masters. Calibogue Sound, Harbor Town, beautiful beaches, awesome setting. Hudson's! When I get my RV maybe I will follow Golf instead of NASCAR.

Last edited:
Too bad Poulter didn't get eaten by that crocodile. At least he made double.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Webb shot 32 on the front.
Currently at -12 and tied for the lead after 11

My boi William McGirt has been playing some nice golf.

How has Wesley Bryan gone from being on Big Break with his brother 4-5 years ago and making trick shot videos to winning multiple times on the web.com tour and now grabbing a PGA tour win? Is he just playing with a ton of confidence these past 10-12 months?

Back