• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

And limited world ranking points.

That aside, Matsuyama has 5 top 10s in majors. He has a kuch better results in majors than Thomas.

And good point on world ranking points. I'm not saying it's a major or Sawgrass. But I think it's a bit more exclusive. Or maybe not 😀

With major season upon us, I watched some of the ANA last night. My new favorite golfer is Lucy Li. She's the 11 year old from 3 years ago who played in the US Open at Pinehurst, where she did her post round pressers while eating ice cream. She's now 14, is still pretty tiny, obviously isn't long but takes a pretty good whack at it. She was playing with Wie, who is up near the lead, and, though Li's drives were pretty far behind Wie's, she played great, carding a -1. And in a post-round interview, she said she's currently reading Team of Rivals by DKG. So she's probably shorter off the tee than Mo Martin but still cards a -1 on a major venue. Hope she grows enough in the next few years so she can at least have average distance off the tee.

Tiger is not playing in the Masters.

Speith missed the cut this week.

Rickie misses 3 short putts on 17 and 18 today and finishes +3 on the last 2. Got a lot more ground to make up tomorrow than he would have hoped.

Fowler's putting those last 2 holes was cringe worthy.

That's an absolute confidence ruiner going into next week.

Watched Adam Scott play a few holes on Friday on PGA Tour Live. He had 23 putts through 10 holes :eek:

Some dickhead called in a penalty on Lexi Thompson from yesterday's round, and the LPGA penalized her 4 strokes in the middle of the back 9 today.

She went from a 2 shot lead to 2 back and responded witb a birdie.

The ruling concerned her marking her ball on a 12 inch putt yesterday and apparently it was about a quarter inch off. Fuck off.

It was so bad it got El Tigre tweeting about it

that "viewer" can suck it

Some dickhead called in a penalty on Lexi Thompson from yesterday's round, and the LPGA penalized her 4 strokes in the middle of the back 9 today.

The ruling concerned her marking her ball on a 12 inch putt yesterday and apparently it was about a quarter inch off. Fuck off.

... and we still have the USGA, PGA and other golfing elders bitching and griping because more people don't play the sport. It's horseshit like the Lexi Thompson incident that turns people off in droves.
This "gotcha" mentality has got to fucking stop in professional golf. Enforce the rules, real-time, and keep everyone else out of it.

Lexi Thompson is a fucking competitor. Unreal composure handling that bs.

For a "viewer" to have picked up on that quarter inch Lexi moved her ball when replacing it after marking it, that "viewer" had to be watching the coverage and running it back in slo-mo just looking for anything they could bring up. That's really a pathetic existence. I assume since this was a major on the LPGA tour, there was a rules official with each group. If the official, the opposing player and caddy, and the LPGA official that was watching the coverage as I assume there was one, didn't pick up on anything, then some pathetic loser shouldn't be able to e-mail in the next freaking day and it effect anything other than it going into the junk mail folder. It was unintentional, it did not move the ball any closer to the hole or anything. Lexi won the tournament, the girl that "officially" won the tournament knew it too as she said it just didn't feel right.

For a "viewer" to have picked up on that quarter inch Lexi moved her ball when replacing it after marking it, that "viewer" had to be watching the coverage and running it back in slo-mo just looking for anything they could bring up. That's really a pathetic existence. I assume since this was a major on the LPGA tour, there was a rules official with each group. If the official, the opposing player and caddy, and the LPGA official that was watching the coverage as I assume there was one, didn't pick up on anything, then some pathetic loser shouldn't be able to e-mail in the next freaking day and it effect anything other than it going into the junk mail folder. It was unintentional, it did not move the ball any closer to the hole or anything. Lexi won the tournament, the girl that "officially" won the tournament knew it too as she said it just didn't feel right.

I agree with the rest of the post. She did move it closer to the hole.

This issue with this has always been people that are televised more, have this happen more often. Tiger at Augusta, DJ at Oakmont, etc...

I agree with the rest of the post. She did move it closer to the hole.

This issue with this has always been people that are televised more, have this happen more often. Tiger at Augusta, DJ at Oakmont, etc...

I disagree, it did not look closer to hole to me, it looked like to me it's was move just slightly left when facing the hole, but no closer. Yeah, that's the thing, it's not equitable to the rest of the field. Especially when it comes to marking one's ball, how many times do they cut away to another shot before someone marks their ball? There could be a lot of others that didn't mark the ball back in exactly the right place during a tournament and was never shown on the coverage. I mean it's insane. That shouldn't been a situation that the LPGA can say no harm no foul, especially when it happened the day before. It's not like she was caught putting the marker in front of the ball and then replacing the ball in front of the coin to gain a couple of inches closer to the hole like I've seen some weekend hustlers do. In fairness, she got a little careless in the process, but it certainly didn't gain her any advantage at all.

4 stroke penalty??

To me if you are going to penalize her 2 shots for not playing from the same spot I get it. It's bullshit, but I get it. Incurring an additional 2 shot penalty for signing an incorrect score card due to a penalty she had no idea that she would incur is just ridiculous and makes no damn sense.

To me if you are going to penalize her 2 shots for not playing from the same spot I get it. It's bullshit, but I get it. Incurring an additional 2 shot penalty for signing an incorrect score card due to a penalty she had no idea that she would incur is just ridiculous and makes no damn sense.

Before the rule change, she would've been disqualified. Imagine the LPGA official having to tell her yesterday coming off 12th green to head back to the clubhouse, you've been disqualified for a not marking you ball back on the same blade of grass yesterday because some loser e-mailed us.

Why does golf allow this ex post facto punishment? In every other sport, if officials miss a rules violation in real time, it doesn't get revived later.

Back