• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

so whats the deal with the side marking? folks just trying to get the ball a bit closer?

In this case, his playing partner's mark was directly behind his ball, so he couldn't mark it there. He marked it to the side instead and then moved it one putter head length. Really seems completely unintentional (but obviously a little sloppy) as they were trying to clear the green in the rain. My .02.

In this case, his playing partner's mark was directly behind his ball, so he couldn't mark it there. He marked it to the side instead and then moved it one putter head length. Really seems completely unintentional (but obviously a little sloppy) as they were trying to clear the green in the rain. My .02.

Not sure, but I think marking the ball anywhere, behind, to the side, in front, is legal as long as you replace the ball in exactly the same place it was before you picked it up.

Ma boi Chesson Hadley won the Web.com event in NY yesterday. Had been on tour for 3 years (won ROY), but tanked last year and had really been struggling. Turned it on as of late, and is now officially back to the show!

Hoping he can make some noise at the John Deere this week and somehow sneak into the British. The below shot was absurd. Had to chip in for par on 16. Guy in 2nd had a 5 foot birdie putt while this was happening, so if Chesson makes double (tough pitch), he's likely down by 1 instead of up 2. Then this happened, and Beau Hossler (UT fame) missed the putt. I think I scared the neighbors.

That deserved a snap. I don't watch the .com tour but remember him winning in Puerto Rico like 3-4 years ago. Remember him saying you should hike up your sleeves for sand shots, saying sun's out, guns out. Seems a likeable dude.

Not sure, but I think marking the ball anywhere, behind, to the side, in front, is legal as long as you replace the ball in exactly the same place it was before you picked it up.

I'm not exactly a rules guy, but I think you are correct. And that's where Lexi and Rahm ran into issues. You mark it from behind like 98% of the time. Then the off time when you mark it from the side, you forget and replace it in front. I like the new rule and how they applied it in Rahm's situation - though it didn't matter because he would have still won with a couple of 2 stroke penalties. Dude is a beast.

My memory could be serving me wrong but I think the Puerto Rico win was one of his first few PGA tour starts. He came out like he was going to be a world beater.
I never really liked the snapping stuff but I'm sure he's probably a good dude

My memory could be serving me wrong but I think the Puerto Rico win was one of his first few PGA tour starts. He came out like he was going to be a world beater.
I never really liked the snapping stuff but I'm sure he's probably a good dude

Puerto Rico was indeed his first year on tour. Won ROY in 2014. If you look closely, the snapping originated from the motion of packing a dip can. I don't think he dips anymore, but was kind of a fiend in HS/college.

Puerto Rico was indeed his first year on tour. Won ROY in 2014. If you look closely, the snapping originated from the motion of packing a dip can. I don't think he dips anymore, but was kind of a fiend in HS/college.

Had never considered it was a dipping thing but now that you mentioned it that seems pretty obvious...

Was watching the Scottish at Dundonald this a.m. Interesting looking course on the West Coast, though not as scenic as Portstewart last week. The hay is wispy, which means it'll probably be the same way next week down the coast at Birkdale - as opposed to the hay at Erin Hills or Carnoustie the Lawrie year.

Harrington is in the lead, so he was featured in the morning coverage. Ever the tinkerer, he's now picking up his left foot entirely off the ground on his take away and stepping through with his right foot after contact in a modified Happy Gilmore move. Gotta love Padraig - it'd be great to see him contend at Birkdale next week. Rory is making his way back a bit after hitting the 1st 2 par 5s in 2. He was +4 when I saw him yesterday where he was left of the green on a par 5 in 2 and proceeded to thin his chip over the green into a back bunker and then not get up and down for bogie. His short game is Tigeresque, though he's hitting it fine.

Yeah, I've found myself watching a lot of the Scottish, but not much of the US or Deere. Ciganda is the only 1 in the top 10 I remotely like, and Lewis just threw up all over herself on 18 after being in contention earlier. So I'm just going to settle in and root against Poulter today. Not into the Korea and Feng fest.

Big crowd atop the leaderboard today. We shall find out this afternoon who is a choker and who is not a choker.
Zach Johnson just choked a birdie putt badly.

Big crowd atop the leaderboard today. We shall find out this afternoon who is a choker and who is not a choker.

Does yanking your drive into the trees on the easiest hole while tied for the lead count as a choke?

That dude at the Scottish who left both a 4-foot par putt on 18 (and then an 8-foot birdie putt in the playoff) short was certainly a bit of a choker today (I felt bad for him, my putts usually miss short in a tournament when I get nervous, too)

That dude at the Scottish who left both a 4-foot par putt on 18 (and then an 8-foot birdie putt in the playoff) short was certainly a bit of a choker today (I felt bad for him, my putts usually miss short in a tournament when I get nervous, too)

Yeah, that was pretty brutal to watch. He really should have laid up in regulation and had a simple wedge to the green. Two putt and win the tournament. He got greedy and left himself with a brutal chip to a short pin over a bunker.

Yeah, that was pretty brutal to watch. He really should have laid up in regulation and had a simple wedge to the green. Two putt and win the tournament. He got greedy and left himself with a brutal chip to a short pin over a bunker.

This. Had he not chipped it into the bank and landed it instead on the green, it could have rolled into the burn. And to top it off, Shinkwin hit his approach to almost the same spot on the playoff hole. But hell of a clutch 3 wood to 12' by RCB. I couldn't believe it was his 1st win in 5 years given how many top-10s he's had in the last couple of years. And as unlucky as Shinkwin was, RCB had some major luck on his side in getting to the playoff. His approach to 18 in regulation had burn written all over it - no idea how that stayed out. The unfortunate aspect of RCB winning, though, is he'll no longer be a good value pick this week.

Back