• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

While I respect Rory and Hideki and Rahm for staying, I don't feel the least bit bad that they missed out on more money. As was stated those guys already have generational wealth. Even the guys that didn't go that may not already have generational wealth, but still are well off, god-forbid any of their children or grand-children have to strike a lick at a snake to earn a living.

They all realistically have generational wealth + significant future earning potential. Only clowns like DR pretend otherwise.

i suppose it's how you define generational wealth.
I'm no social scientist, but seems to me it would be defined as enough money that your kids and grandkids wouldn't need to work.

And let's not confuse Net worth with generational wealth. Not all assets that would be tied to one's net worth are necessarily assets that would be passed down generations.

i suppose it's how you define generational wealth.
I'm no social scientist, but seems to me it would be defined as enough money that your kids and grandkids wouldn't need to work.

And let's not confuse Net worth with generational wealth. Not all assets that would be tied to one's net worth are necessarily assets that would be passed down generations.
In which case your kids and grandkids would grow up to be dipshits. And don't underestimate a dipshit's ability to breeze through generational wealth in a short period of time. Locally here, we had the case of John Kluge, an original Ritchie Boy in WW2 and a large media mogul, and his ex-wife Patricia Kluge, who got hundreds of millions in the divorce. She ended up filing Ch 7 20some years later after blowing through it all, and Trump ended up with her winery just south of town.

Rory’s daughter is turning 3 in September. I feel absolutely certain that she will never have to work a job unless she chooses to do so. Maybe you could argue for Rahm or JT but they are 28 and 30 respectively. Will make an absolute fuckton of money playing and through sponsorships and other biz opportunities. Sure if they spend it all on yachts/drugs/booze like I would future generations are screwed. But any sort of remotely reasonable investment management strategy will set their families up forever.

The Byron Nelson had a huge, multi-year sponsorship deal with Raytheon to replace AT&T agreed upon, but Monahan cancelled the deal at the last second because Raytheon sells missiles to KSA. A month later, Monahan partnered with the Saudis and the Nelson is left scrambling for a sponsor.

You people act like being involved in a lawsuit is some sort of permanently disqualifying stain.

I don't think it's likely I'd be able to sue a former company/non-profit (where I was an IC) and then be able to return working there though. Reinstatement as a remedy gets tough !

Catching up on today's comments, Monahan appears to be a complete tool. But I just watch on Sundays. Me bitching about it won't change things.

I don't think it's likely I'd be able to sue a former company/non-profit (where I was an IC) and then be able to return working there though. Reinstatement as a remedy gets tough !

When the entity funding your lawsuit is now funding and controlling the former company you were suing… you should be ok.

Rory’s daughter is turning 3 in September. I feel absolutely certain that she will never have to work a job unless she chooses to do so. Maybe you could argue for Rahm or JT but they are 28 and 30 respectively. Will make an absolute fuckton of money playing and through sponsorships and other biz opportunities. Sure if they spend it all on yachts/drugs/booze like I would future generations are screwed. But any sort of remotely reasonable investment management strategy will set their families up forever.
Let's be real - none of these player's kids or their kid's kids would have to work unless somebody blows through the money like Brewster's millions. Silly talk.

Reactions: WRS
And Trump wasn’t in bed with them? 2 billion to son in law to invest their money. What did Trump do for them to earn this gift?
We have been in bed with them for years along with tons of U.S. corporations. We want & have needed their oil.

Also, DR would kill to shoot 81 (from the senior tees).
I shot 79 yesterday at Sedgefield and beat Tubby Smith by 2. Y’all enjoy that comment!

I see where Norman says they will keep running LIV. I guess the Saudi will own us and still compete. Big oops there by Monahan. “Let’s announce and sign and then the lawyers can work it out. It’ll be fine.”

Monahan reminds me so much of Wellman. He went to a shit school and never had a job either. Then he goes on an island and enters into horrific contracts that the next poor fella (Currrie) has to spend 2 decades unraveling.

I shot 79 yesterday at Sedgefield and beat Tubby Smith by 2. Y’all enjoy that comment!

I see where Norman says they will keep running LIV. I guess the Saudi will own us and still compete. Big oops there by Monahan. “Let’s announce and sign and then the lawyers can work it out. It’ll be fine.”

Monahan reminds me so much of Wellman. He went to a shit school and never had a job either. Then he goes on an island and enters into horrific contracts that the next poor fella (Currrie) has to spend 2 decades unraveling.
Hmmm, I don't see that score posted. So you are either a liar or a sandbagger, take your pick. In fact, you haven't posted a score in the 70s in almost a year.

Back