• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Two American shots completely out of bounds

Welp a Euro too

I hope the team waving their hats was trolling Cantlay

Rory used to go hatless. Who cares. This “controversy” makes no sense. Let’s see how many singles matches they can win.

I don’t like Cantlay, but he took the odds of winning tomorw from 0 to 10%

I don’t like Patrick Cantlay either. That’s allowed for us to agree right.

Great atmosphere out there. The Euro fans love beating the Americans.

9 of the US team members took five weeks off from tournament golf before this week. I don’t how many Euros did the same, but I the commitment to preparation for this week is a fair question for our “team.”
The answer is 0 Euros. I saw JT and Max at the Fortinet, but that's it. Most of the Euros played Crans Sur Montana, and they all played Wentworth. None of our guys played Crans Sur Montana or Wentworth, though Horschel did. So yeah, I think taking 5 weeks off was a contributing factor to our sucking day 1.

Also not buying the Cantlay rumor. He, Homa and Harmon are 3 of our few guys who are really competing, and he carried Clark today. And he's 1 of our go to guys in both the PC and RC. Going 3-1 was a good result, and on paper we might have a chance. But hard to think we're going to win when I expect nothing out of Clark, Spieth, Thomas and Fowler. I wasn't expecting much out of Spieth because he hadn't been in great form, but Clark to me has been our biggest disappointment.

I'm liking Marco Simone as a RC course, and hats off to Eduardo Molinari for setting it up to best favor the Euros.

I don’t like Cantlay, but he took the odds of winning tomorw from 0 to 10%
Based on what I’ve seen the past few days, the odds of the US getting 8.5/12 points tomorrow are way way less than 10%.

There’s at least a couple Americans that I’m not convinced can beat anyone on the Euro team right now on this course.

We can trash Zach Johnson as a captain all we want, but at the end of the day:

Scheffler: 0.5/3 points
Koepka: 0.5/2 points
Spieth: 0.5/3 points
Xander: 0/3 points

Those four were either automatic or no-brainer picks, and none of them have won a match. Out of the 9 matches that at least one of those guys have played in, the US has gotten 1 point

I don’t like Patrick Cantlay either. That’s allowed for us to agree right.

Great atmosphere out there. The Euro fans love beating the Americans.

What's the deal with Cantlay? I don't pay enough attention to golf to know why he is so hated.

Back