• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I don't think it does, and if you look at our results on US soil we are very very good.

The literal only thing that gives us issue is playing in Europe.

Not sure it was posted but Stefan Schauffele is basically on the record that the players need to get paid.

The Prez Cup brings up another point. That's basically a practice match for the Ryder Cup and it should give the US an advantage. We get to use what we learn (for the most part - I realize it isn't the exact same roster) from the President's Cup and take it to the Ryder Cup. And it's another chance at playing match play under pressure. This should be a big advantage or us. And yet it seems to work the other way. It sure better not be an excuse that it's too much for the US to play in one of these each year and that reduces the players care factor. No way does the Prez Cup cause a disadvantage for us.
Yeah, don't we usually win 4somes at the PC? So we play it every year, as opposed to the Euros, and we still get dusted.

I think I saw a stat after Thursday morning that the visiting team is now 9-30 in foursomes dating back over the last X Ryder Cups. So it's really more of a "road team" situation if that stat was accurate

Best suggestion I've heard is to scrimmage in foursomes vs the US Walker Cup team.
I love this idea. Would be an embarrassment for the pros to lose to the ams, and great practice. So of course it will never happen.

Reminds me of my favorite golf book ever - The Match.

I love this idea. Would be an embarrassment for the pros to lose to the ams, and great practice. So of course it will never happen.

Reminds me of my favorite golf book ever - The Match.
Also my favorite golf book. Good call. Would love to discuss the book at Selwyn Pub with anyone who might invite me and buy me a beer. But alas

I’m actually hearing from some on tour Mickelson will be the next Captain. Yes, I laughed too.

The other belief is that McManus will back up the brinx truck for Tiger to captain the US in 2027 at what is fairly clearly the world’s current finest resort.

I’m actually hearing from some on tour Mickelson will be the next Captain. Yes, I laughed too.

The other belief is that McManus will back up the brick truck for Tiger to captain the US in 2027 at what is fairly clearly the worlds finest resort.
It was always widely expected to be Captain Mickelson at Bethpage ever since that site was announced, before he went full scorched earth the last 18 months. Feel like that ship has sailed, but I guess we will see. They usually like to announce the captains in about 4-5 months after the previous edition takes place.

The other belief is that McManus will back up the brinx truck for Tiger to captain the US in 2027 at what is fairly clearly the world’s current finest resort.
Based on your posting history I'm going to assume you are talking about LIV when you say "on tour"

It was always widely expected to be Captain Mickelson at Bethpage ever since that site was announced, before he went full scorched earth the last 18 months. Feel like that ship has sailed, but I guess we will see. They usually like to announce the captains in about 4-5 months after the previous edition takes place.
Phil must never be allowed back on tour, much less be a RC or PC captain, after he and Greg declared war on the PGA and DP. I'm sure there will be mechanisms for the other LIV defectors to get back on the PGA and DP tours.

Except for the Tom barf Fazio golf course. Wish they would go to a real course just once over there. Muirfield would be more than a perfect venue.

There are pundits and people in the know who do believe there will be a way back for Phil. Right now the US Ryder Cup system is broken given they continue to recycle the same vice captains across Presidents and Ryder Cups. There’s no way Davis, Couples and Stricker can continue to be effective given the age difference and generational golf experience.

Each Euro vice captain had a specific duty that fit their skill set and all embraced by the players. I have no idea what our vice captains did. We would have been better served with Webb and Kisner instead of Couples and Davis. As was said earlier the entire US team w captains has become a good old boy network. I think there’s a good chance Luke comes back but in 2027 the golf world will have changed and I could see Sergio taking his turn. I also believe Bryson, DJ and Bradley might have made a difference for us this year.

As to the US captain at Bethpage it’s Tiger’s if he wants it but my guess says he doesn’t. im not sure he’s ready yet to give up the personal time for 18 months leading up to the event. I think the chances are much better he takes over in 2027.

I totally agree, I mean how can guys take 5 weeks off from tournament golf? I give Spieth a little bit of a pass as during that time they had their 2nd child, but 9 of our guys didn't hit a competitive golf shot for 5 weeks before this Cup. Heck, the PGA tour or even a non-sanctioned 2 ball event could be put on the schedule a couple of weeks before the Ryder/President's Cup to give these guys some real prep under fire. Make it highly suggested that the guys on the team play in it. The Euros take it much more seriously it seems and if our guys don't, no worries, but don't act like it's so important then.
I hear you on the Ryder Cup

But let’s get real on the Presidents Cup. There’s a reason it’s in Montreal this time. One more trip to Asia and our players will not play. They darn sure are not practicing for it.

Lexi has had a hard time beating many women this season, I know it's for some publicity for the tournament, but could be ugly.

1696422508811.png

Last edited:
I hear you on the Ryder Cup

But let’s get real on the Presidents Cup. There’s a reason it’s in Montreal this time. One more trip to Asia and our players will not play. They darn sure are not practicing for it.
Correct. And the reason we win it by a million is because they have less talent and skill than the Euros. The European team is strong, brings it, and sets up their home courses to their advantage. We do the same thing at home, which is why the home teams have dominated the last four cups (which, frankly, would be the last 8 had the US not choked on Sunday at Medinah).

Back