• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scheier out?

Yet another wasted speedster like Lovell Jackson and that guy who played a little RB and a little WR but I can't remember his name.

Seems like Kevin Marion was the last legit speedster to get lots of touches.

Givens was pretty fast and had a ton of catches.

Givens was pretty fast and had a ton of catches.

That's fair. I think of him as a straight up WR, not a speed guy like Stone or Marion.

Marion had a few massive plays, but I don't really recall him getting that many touches in the big picture.

"Lots" was overstating it. He got 2 or 3 touches a game.

Givens was a football player who happened to have a lot of speed. Guys like John Stone were fast guys who happened to do some running on a football field.

when was the last KR TD we had? camp had a PR TD in that awful loss to clemson a few years back, not sure if we've had one those more recently either

That's the last one I remember.

when was the last KR TD we had? camp had a PR TD in that awful loss to clemson a few years back, not sure if we've had one those more recently either

I believe marion in 07 vs UNC. If i recall he had another return that same game that nearly went the distance. Yes, that Clemson loss was miserable.

KR and subsequent FG in the Military Bowl sealed the victory for us. Just sayin'

Adam has a new position "Special Teams Quality Control at The Ohio State University" Congrats Coach

Interesting that a coach like Urban Meyer was impressed enough with Scheier on paper to hire him and yet Clawson didn't want him. Special teams is all about athleticism and Scheier's special teams were very efficient with very little talent or athleticism. Not to mention having 2 all conference players and the only 1st team member in Weaver. Scheier was also a great recruiter. Seems to me like Clawson was looking for a scapegoat for his putrid offense and dropped the ball on this one. But I guess Scheier ends up better off. Good for him!

Interesting. I think Scheier brought a lot to the table from a recruiting standpoint. His Twitter feed certainly spoke for itself. That said, it's still a demotion in terms of position. Best of luck to him.

Interesting that a coach like Urban Meyer was impressed enough with Scheier on paper to hire him and yet Clawson didn't want him. Special teams is all about athleticism and Scheier's special teams were very efficient with very little talent or athleticism. Not to mention having 2 all conference players and the only 1st team member in Weaver. Scheier was also a great recruiter. Seems to me like Clawson was looking for a scapegoat for his putrid offense and dropped the ball on this one. But I guess Scheier ends up better off. Good for him!

Hi Adam, happy to hear you are proud of yourself. Hope you do well at your next stop.

His predecessor made $500 a month. So don't be too excited for him.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/ex-cats/article106010797.html

Ha! From what I know, Scheier and his wife and family are way too busy to be spending time on this board. I just find it entertaining how wrong so much of your information is, not only when it comes to the coaches, but with the players and recruits too.

Please enlighten us. We would welcome the opportunity to learn the truth.

Is that you Elrod?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Back