• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sean McDonough

Reaction score
Not that I blame him, but is there any question that he has used this board as research for the last two days.

Glad someone did some research beyond the AD talking points.
I've enjoyed him.

What specifically did he say to make you think that?

I don't think he looked here. I think Dino gave him an earful last night, as well he should have.

Yeah, Dino definitely talked to him last night and told him exactly what this board has been saying forever about the fictitious culture crusade. Jeff and Ron can truly go f themselves.

It seemed that both McDonough and Bilas cooled significantly on the Bzzz support today. I guess talking with Dino combined with watching this team play without a YOLO shooting performance made them see the light.

I didn't watch the game yesterday to hear what was said then, but today they went into more depth about the situation. Bilas said again about [Redacted] needing to rebuild due to the problems when he got here and McDonough went more in depth into it about the problems happening when [Redacted] was coach and how they re-recruited the players that were then deemed problems and such. McDonough specifically mentioned that Dino had talked to them saying that there were not problems in the program when he left. Bilas ended with something like, "well, one way or another, rebuilding is rebuilding."

Nevermind that the culture thing is BS, as we all know. Beyond that, "rebuilding" is not a 4 year process. And nevermind (there's that word again) that Buzz completely knocked down any foundation that was in place for "rebuilding," but in this day and age when even the top programs contend for and win titles on one-and-dones and others who bolt for the NBA early, rebuilding can be done in a very short time frame.

Bilas has become very unlikeable. He seems like a contrarian douche. He acts like he's smarter than everyone else..guess that comes with the Duke degree. Or maybe the JD.

Bilas has become very unlikeable. He seems like a contrarian douche. He acts like he's smarter than everyone else..guess that comes with the Duke degree. Or maybe the JD.

It's a lethal combo, to be sure.

I figured sooner or later Dino was going to get fed up with the bullshit and fight back a little. Good for him. I know there are a lot of Dino haters on this board but the guy did a good job holding the program together after Skip's death. He should have been hired as an interim coach. I blame Dino for nothing. Wellman gave him the extension, fired him and hired his good friend Bzz. This is ALL on Wellman. Bzz is a bad coach but Wellman created this debacle.

Somebody has to fill the void left by Billy Packer.

No, it goes with becoming a TV personality and probably how ESPN now makes stories and just doesn't report the news. He was much more humble in the early days, now he has an 'I know what the answer is mentality'.

On McDounough, I believe his comments today said he had a conversation with Dino (they way he said it led me to believe it was not too friendly) and he disagreed the program was a mess when he left.

It is pretty amazing that ESPN let Bilas and McDonough go out there and trash one of their on air commentators. Maybe they can dig up Bruce Pearl and talk about his last year at TN as well?

I knew Dino's daughter when I was at wake. She was a nice person. I only said hello to Dino in passing but it was really a shame what happebed to him. I hope he did let Bilas know what had really happened.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game yesterday to hear what was said then, but today they went into more depth about the situation. Bilas said again about [Redacted] needing to rebuild due to the problems when he got here and McDonough went more in depth into it about the problems happening when [Redacted] was coach and how they re-recruited the players that were then deemed problems and such. McDonough specifically mentioned that Dino had talked to them saying that there were not problems in the program when he left. Bilas ended with something like, "well, one way or another, rebuilding is rebuilding."

No problems when he left? Did Dino somehow forget the whole rape scandal he left behind? Or the fact that the team he left behind only had 4 ACC caliber players on it? While Bzz may be a worse coach, at least he is leaving the next guy with something to work with.

The rape thing wasn't a problem.
At least that's what I gathered by the fact that [Redacted] named the accused player captain his senior year.

The rape thing wasn't a problem.
At least that's what I gathered by the fact that [Redacted] named the accused player captain his senior year.

And yet he doesn't name Travis captain this year. What a complete failure of a human being Bzz is.

I knew Dino's daughter when I was at wake. She was a nice person. I only said hello to Dino in passing but it was really a shame what happebed to him. I hope he did let Bilas know what had really happened.

yeah, she was hot

Back