• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

I watched a decent part of that game and from my vantage point Leaf was much more impressive than Ball. Am I crazy or just catch him on a bad night?

Ball had a bad night from three but was solid in every other aspect. He still had 14 points, 7 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, a block and only 1 TO. For a mere mortal, that would be an excellent game, but for him it's rather pedestrian. He and Dennis Smith have separated themselves from a ridiculous PG class.

If Leaf had another 20-25 pounds on his frame, he'd be a lock Top 7 pick. He has a real nose for the ball, a really solid post game and excellent range. I would not surprised if the Suns are thinking about choosing between Leaf, Jackson, Tatum and a semi-healthy Giles with their first pick due to all the guards they have.

In a normal year, they'd both likely be Top 3.

Pac 12 sucks. They have 3 teams & nothing else. By KenPom #s, Wake would be the 4th best team in that conference.

Ball had a bad night from three but was solid in every other aspect. He still had 14 points, 7 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, a block and only 1 TO. For a mere mortal, that would be an excellent game, but for him it's rather pedestrian. He and Dennis Smith have separated themselves from a ridiculous PG class.

You mean other than Fultz?

I actually think it's Smith, Fultz and Fox seperating from Ball. From what I saw the last 10 minutes of the game last night, Ball couldn't beat the Cal guy they had on him off the dribble. His athleticism has always been the question as far as I can tell.

Lo's shooting is pretty great though. He can't really create for himself, but his eFG% and TS% are pretty insane. And his usage rate is relatively low too.

I guess I worry a little bit about him getting his shot off in the NBA with his butt ugly form, but I like guys that come from systems with good spacing a lot more than programs playing two traditional bigs.

Lo's shooting is pretty great though. He can't really create for himself, but his eFG% and TS% are pretty insane. And his usage rate is relatively low too.

I guess I worry a little bit about him getting his shot off in the NBA with his butt ugly form, but I like guys that come from systems with good spacing a lot more than programs playing two traditional bigs.

His size/length at PG will certainly help that a little.

I think it's Fultz in a tier by himself and then the next tier down still has some incredible players. Draft will be completely stacked.

Lorenzo Romar must be the worst coach of all-time. People (rightly) give Johnny Jones are hard time for missing the NCAA tourney when he had Ben Simmons last season.

Washington, with the potential #1 pick (Fultz), is now 0-7 on the season against teams in the top 199 (yes, 199). As disappointing as LSU was last year, they did beat Kentucky, Florida, Texas A&M, Vandy among other NCAA tourney teams. Despite elite talent, Washington is among the worst schools in a Power V conference having already lost to dreadful Washington State (#184) at home.

I actually think it's Smith, Fultz and Fox seperating from Ball. From what I saw the last 10 minutes of the game last night, Ball couldn't beat the Cal guy they had on him off the dribble. His athleticism has always been the question as far as I can tell.

Ball beat up on Fox when they played. I've seen Fultz and Ball each play several times, I should have included Fultz with Ball and Smith. Ball is a better passer than Fultz but not as good a scorer.

I think it's Fultz in a tier by himself and then the next tier down still has some incredible players. Draft will be completely stacked.

If you are picking in the Top 15 or so and don't get an immediate starter and contributor this year, it's on you.

If the Sixers get two lotto picks....

Hopefully they will get one of the Top 3 PGs and a knockdown shooter or wing. One of Jackson, Monk, Tatum, Isaac. I wouldn't hate them getting into the top half of the second round and get Justin Jackson.

Josh Jackson would be a great get. With his perimeter and on ball defense, and Simmons and Embiid, the Sixers could switch on screens from the 1-5 incredibly well.

I still want Simmons to play really well. Then offer him to NOLA with Jah, Noel and their 19 1st Pick for The Brow. Instant contender.....

Embiid is gonna be better than Brow. Telling you now. 5 years ago Embiid was playing JV HS basketball.

the 76ers fan fiction has spread beyond the nba thread, god help us

Embiid won't ever be as quick, good at ball handling and as good at defending the perimeter, but I believe the rest of his game has that potential.

Back