• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Would this be worse than UVA last year?

Miss the first, make the 2nd, then full court pass and banked-in game winning three coming?

Got the help we wanted tonight.

Now go help yourselves to a couple big home wins Deacs! :)

Hokies and farmers came up big for us tonight (as much as cow college wanted to blow the game in the end). Lammers had an awful night which was fun to watch, 1/9 from the field.

Wow what a great final look by GT. Crazy game but State hangs on.

Clearly we have to do our part but the State win makes our chances of getting a bye much better now.

GT has @ND, Pitt @Syr - That looks like 8-10 to me, even better if they won at 'cuse and go 9-9 they could knock 'cuse down to 8-10 (important since 'cuse owns a lot of tiebreakers at 9-9).

VT has @BC, Miami, Wake

Miami has dook, @VT, @FSU - Miami could still lose out. If they beat VT, then VT is likely 9-9 and Wake will have a lot of the tiebreakers. If Miami loses out to go 9-9 then Wake still has the tiebreakers.

'cuse has dook, @'ville and GT, they look 9-9 at best.

Sadly, dook can help us a lot by doing their jobs.

There's a narrow shot at getting the 7 seed. It depends on Tech only beating Cuse, VT only winning one and losing to us, and UVa and Cuse losing out to set up a tie with VT. A tie with Miami and VT get us to 6.

There's a narrow shot at getting the 7 seed. It depends on Tech only beating Cuse, VT only winning one and losing to us, and UVa and Cuse losing out to set up a tie with VT. A tie with Miami and VT get us to 6.

A lot would have to fall in place for the 6 seed. UVA has to lose @State and at home to Pitt. VT would have to beat Miami but lose @BC. In the case Miami could lose out (dook, @FSU). Possible, but depending on the bottom 3 teams to get the job done is not very likely, although still possible.

Just take care of business and shoot for a 1st round bye.

Brutal loss for GT, but I was really worried about that game going in. Lammers and Stephens had played the full 40 minutes just Sunday evening and Okogie and Heath played 38 each ... so a Tuesday night game was going to be very rough no matter who it was. The team just has no legs left. A season of being basically a 2 man team in terms of offense and only going 7 deep in the best of situations has fully caught up with them. This team has no business winning 7+ games in the ACC and making the tournament was probably always a pipe dream, but still a hell of a year given the roster.

Lammers sucks every time I watch GT play. 1st-team All-ACC? GTFO.

Lammers sucks every time I watch GT play. 1st-team All-ACC? GTFO.

You don't watch GT very often then. He's had ... 2 bad games in all of conference play (@WFU, NCSU) - and he still had 9 rebs and 4 blocks last night even though he was gassed and couldn't get his shot to go down. Guess that's all you've watched.

That'd be like me watching Collins only @FSU and UNC and saying GTFO with his 1st Team credentials.

@Duke and @UVA weren't bad games for a 1st team All-ACCer?

Lammers is a blue collar kinda player. You can't drag him out of the gym. Gritty...Gutsy... Cut from the same cloth as Johnny Wolford.

He's a good defensive player. Offensive production seems more out of necessity from the lack of talent around him a la Devin Thomas. He's a solid player, not knocking the guy. But 1st team seems crazy to me.

Back