• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Ok so is this right?
- big ten winner is in
- okie is in (assuming they keep laying wood)
- Clemson and bama both in if they win
- should one lose, who gets next spot? tOSU? ND if they win tonight? I fear UNC might actually have a chance if ND loses tonight?

I doubt UNC gets in over tOSU, which would be nice since all the baby blue fans would whine about it.

I doubt UNC gets in over tOSU, which would be nice since all the baby blue fans would whine about it.

Your prob right but of course it'll be a shitstorm when a team that doesn't play in a conference championship gets a spot over a one loss ACC champ. It pains me to say but UNC will prob give Clemson a game...

Your prob right but of course it'll be a shitstorm when a team that doesn't play in a conference championship gets a spot over a one loss ACC champ. It pains me to say but UNC will prob give Clemson a game...

I agree, I think UNC has a real shot. Clemson's defense better get nasty against the tarholes, because their offense is impressive.

Right now , I think I'd like to see OU vs. Clemson in one semi and Bama vs. Michigan State in the other.

Bama will destroy them.

I doubt it, though I am sure Bama will win. UF's defesne is really good and can probably keep Bama from scoring a lot of points. On the other hand, UF probably won't be able to score at all on Bama unless they get a defensive or special teams score. I could see the SEC championship game being just like the UF/FSU game, with Bama winning in a low scoring affair.

I doubt it, though I am sure Bama will win. UF's defesne is really good and can probably keep Bama from scoring a lot of points. On the other hand, UF probably won't be able to score at all on Bama unless they get a defensive or special teams score. I could see the SEC championship game being just like the UF/FSU game, with Bama winning in a low scoring affair.

Yeah, I can see the score being close as in Bama winning by 21 or less, but I don't think it will be a close game as In Florida ever really being in it. A game can be 14-0 and still not be a close game if one team doesn't ever even threaten to score. It's a minor miracle Florida only has one loss with that offense.

How the F did Oklahoma lose to Texas?

What a shit spot.

Edit: Damnit he was still up on review. Live it looked short.

How the F did Oklahoma lose to Texas?

Stoops didn't have them ready to play the game this year, or the two years before that. This is may be the 8th best Sooner team Bob has fielded since he arrived in Norman. They were fortunate to get Baylor and TCU without their QBs, but they have also improved as the year has progressed. The offense, in particular, which fielded a new OC and style coming into the season. O-line is better than the beginning of the year, but still green. Mayfield bails them out a lot by extending plays. They will have trouble against any of the teams in the playoff in the trenches, though Perine is enough of a battering ram to tire out a D all by himself.

Yeah, I can see the score being close as in Bama winning by 21 or less, but I don't think it will be a close game as In Florida ever really being in it. A game can be 14-0 and still not be a close game if one team doesn't ever even threaten to score. It's a minor miracle Florida only has one loss with that offense.

Uh, the reason UF beat all those good teams has been suspended for a year. They were rolling until Grier got the axe.

Back