• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Secretary of State Romney?

Uh-oh. This guy...and this new Republican Party....may be more serious about governing than his detractors ever thought he...and it...would or could be. With Democratic officeholders falling like flies across the country, we might even be looking at a situation where we could finally get something done regarding attempting to solve some of the problems that the voters decided have been neglected for too long.

Obama may have given people hope, but it's beginning to look like it will be President Trump & the Republicans who are going to give them the change.

All of this reminds me a lot of the situation when Reagan came to office in 1981. I think there are several similarities in those two situations.

seriously Clark? You hated Romney and the establishment GOP and that spring-boarded you, along with a personal problem with HRC over the Dean situation, into this fake-ass trolling Trumpy-outsider man you have fashioned yourself to be.

Now you are applauding it. You don't think we all know you are a fraud? lol

Uh-oh. This guy...and this new Republican Party....may be more serious about governing than his detractors ever thought he...and it...would or could be. With Democratic officeholders falling like flies across the country, we might even be looking at a situation where we could finally get something done regarding attempting to solve some of the problems that the voters decided have been neglected for too long.

Obama may have given people hope, but it's beginning to look like it will be President Trump & the Republicans who are going to give them the change.

All of this reminds me a lot of the situation when Reagan came to office in 1981. I think there are several similarities in those two situations.

How'd Reaganomics work out for the middle class?

The Democrats seem to be doubling down on a losing hand. Just keep talking about imaginary systemic racism and all those other isms, along with your obsession with PC, that occupies most of your time and concern.... while Trump & the Republicans are concentrating on fixing the real problems that most Americans are concerned about today.

The Democrats seem to be doubling down on a losing hand. Just keep talking about imaginary systemic racism and all those other isms, along with your obsession with PC, that occupies most of your time and concern.... while Trump & the Republicans are concentrating on fixing the real problems that most Americans are concerned about today.

I definitely agree with you that there's an obsession with PC.

Can you expand on what you mean by "imaginary systemic racism"?

Bolton would have been a better fit for Clinton. I am hoping Trump stays away from the neocons. They have done enough damage.

tumblr_m01wjqRKpv1qbialb.png

foothills-brewing-logo.png

Interesting ?

How'd Reaganomics work out for the middle class?

I didn't say anything about Reaganomics. All I said was that I see a lot of similarities in the two situations.....a guy taking office whom many people thought was not up to the job, a guy who generated a high level of enthusiasm among his supporters, a bold vision for substantial change, etc. Obviously, nobody has ever run a campaign remotely close to the campaign that Trump ran. When you think about it, it was absolutely amazing that he could have done what he did. It is still hard for me to believe. Like Reagan, Trump understood how to communicate with millions of Americans who had grown totally frustrated with politics as usual.

Romney would be a good call, but I think Trump is trolling the shit out of the press yet again.

I didn't say anything about Reaganomics. All I said was that I see a lot of similarities in the two situations.....a guy taking office whom many people thought was not up to the job, a guy who generated a high level of enthusiasm among his supporters, a bold vision for substantial change, etc. Obviously, nobody has ever run a campaign remotely close to the campaign that Trump ran. When you think about it, it was absolutely amazing that he could have done what he did. It is still hard for me to believe. Like Reagan, Trump understood how to communicate with millions of Americans who had grown totally frustrated with politics as usual.

It's not amazing at all. It is mind-blowingly stupid and reckless. The more we analyze this situation, the more we realize that it was not in fact a movement like you think, but rather a colossal perfect storm of low turnout brought on by a false sense of that HRC was going to win and fake news/truthiness that the right lapped up, and a reckless FBI. Youre a foolish man.

Can you expand on what you mean by "imaginary systemic racism"?

It means that the idea that we have systemic racism in this country is just in your imagination.

And as long as Democrats continue to utter that nonsense, it shows that they are not serious about improving the lives of minorities in this country today. All Democrats are doing is screwing up minorities' minds with false excuses....and for purely political purposes and so they can feel morally superior about themselves. If Democrats were truly concerned about minorities improving their situation, they would be encouraging them to take positive actions & responsibility in their lives instead of giving them phony excuses for why they are expected to fail.

Back