• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Secretary of State Romney?

Oh fuck, is that Virginia Foxx front and center? Are we about to have the worst Secretary of Education ever? This is a worst case scenario, people.

We haven't even scratched the surface of worst case scenario.

Draining the swamp by brining in the failed GOP establishment 2012 nominee to run the Dept of State...not so much. This shows me one or more of three things: 1) that Trump is not as erratic and crazy as he let on in the election, 2) Pence is actually the one running the show and making the decisions or 3) that Trump has run out of surrogates to put into positions of power in the Administration. Pence running the show is the most likely.

good. we need more religious conservatives in power.

Romney would be a good call, but I think Trump is trolling the shit out of the press yet again.

Romney or Corker wouid be way better than Bolton or Rudy. Like Haley, but she isn't qualified to be SOS. Would prefer Ayotte over Sessions for AG and McChrystal over Flynn for NSA. Some good names have been floated, but sadly suspect Trump is still trolling.

Romney in his administration would be refreshing and reassuring. Would be nice to have a sane adult in the room should shit ever hit the fan.

Look at Trump, uniting everyone, behind Romney no less.

He ruled pubs with fear, and now he's getting dems.

Trump: "I'm going to pick Guilianni to be SoS."
Dems: "Please God no, anyone but Giuliani!"
Trump: "Fine, I guess I'll just go with" **my first choice all along** "Romney!"
Dems: "Oh thank God. We can work with that. At least it isn't Giuliani!"

It wouldn't surprise me if he lined his cabinet with a bunch of people that the country has now talked themselves into being considerably less dangerous than Trump himself.

He will be hard pressed not to line his cabinet with people the country will talk themselves into being considerably less dangerous than Trump himself.

He will be hard pressed not to line his cabinet with people the country will talk themselves into being considerably less dangerous than Trump himself.

That can't be a very long list. Outside of Gary Busey, who else makes the cut?

Trump's "Drain the swamp" looks very similar to the Cleveland Browns head coaching carousel. What other re-tread politicians is Trump planning to kick the tires on for his regime of outsiders?

Draining the swamp by brining in the failed GOP establishment 2012 nominee to run the Dept of State...not so much. This shows me one or more of three things: 1) that Trump is not as erratic and crazy as he let on in the election, 2) Pence is actually the one running the show and making the decisions or 3) that Trump has run out of surrogates to put into positions of power in the Administration. Pence running the show is the most likely.

Pence running the show is most likely? On what basis is this statement made? #3 however is just a fact. You need to make thousands of political appointments when you are President. It isn't realistic, or frankly wise, to make them all from those without experience in the system. Never mind no one has 3,000 plus surrogates.

Romney is a politician for sure, but he has never been what I'd call a Washington insider or DC guy. In any case, none of this matters if Trump gets in and gets the ball rolling on term limits and lobbyist reform. Need people who know the swamp to guide you through the swamp.

Romney is a politician for sure, but he has never been what I'd call a Washington insider or DC guy. In any case, none of this matters if Trump gets in and gets the ball rolling on term limits and lobbyist reform. Need people who know the swamp to guide you through the swamp.

Term limits ain't happening.

Pence running the show is most likely? On what basis is this statement made? #3 however is just a fact. You need to make thousands of political appointments when you are President. It isn't realistic, or frankly wise, to make them all from those without experience in the system. Never mind no one has 3,000 plus surrogates.

On the basis that Trump has no fucking clue how to run anything, let alone the entire Federal government.

Losers whine about what they don't think can get done. Winners go home and fuck Melania in the Oval Office

It's not amazing at all. It is mind-blowingly stupid and reckless. The more we analyze this situation, the more we realize that it was not in fact a movement like you think, but rather a colossal perfect storm of low turnout brought on by a false sense of that HRC was going to win and fake news/truthiness that the right lapped up, and a reckless FBI. Youre a foolish man.

Eyes wide shut.

Lol. Right.

Term limits are like masturbation material for people who dislike while not understanding Congress. Cap people at a certain point so they aren't serving for life -- sure. Make them too restrictive and you are essentially consenting to a country run by lobbyists. A vastly more effective way of obtaining good governance -- campaign finance reform.

Term limits are like masturbation material for people who dislike while not understanding Congress. Cap people at a certain point so they aren't serving for life -- sure. Make them too restrictive and you are essentially consenting to a country run by lobbyists. A vastly more effective way of obtaining good governance -- campaign finance reform.

Congress is already run by lobbyists.

You don't need a wildlife swamp guide if your intent is to drain it. At most you need the Army Corps of Engineers and at a minimum you need some dynamite and fur trapper to get rid of the beavers. But let's be honest, Trump loves beavers and he isn't draining anything.

Back