• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Service Interruptions and Explanation

++

Obviously, the downside of getting your name out there is an increase in customers which eventually leads to an increase in load.

SA allows you to change someone else's avatar for :tenbux: it would be awesome if we could do the same. :D

What's the next step with the host? If the problem's on their end, won't it likely be a problem again in the future?

Perhaps Buzz could pay you to post his resume...and for that matter Wellman also!

I think the forum drop box has disappeared. I'm just curious if this is a change or something being worked on.
It is one of the changes we've made to hopefully reduce the php load on the server.

Are you measuring whether excluding the forum drop box makes a difference or not? Personally, I think it's a nice QoL addition, but if it does reduce cost then so be it.

il_570xN.99650189.jpg

+

I would also be totally down with some swag with this guy on it
ogboardslogo.png

I don't know if it's this but if I catch up on a thread on my computer, tapatalk doesn't recognize the recent posts I've read.

I don't know if it's this but if I catch up on a thread on my computer, tapatalk doesn't recognize the recent posts I've read.

Lately, it seems cookie based instead of account based.

We'll post it as an announcement across all the forums so everyone can see it. Previously, anyone who donated was granted permission to changed their custom title whenever they wished, but we're throwing around the idea of selling something with our name on it, like coozies or stickers. Would there be interest in something like that? It'd help us raise the operation funds and also be a good way to get our name out there.

Humble suggestion: Why not blend OGB sustainability with the #Buzzout movement?

Not sure they could make enough "#Buzzout" coozies to cover demand; profits could accrue to the good of the order of OGB. Just an idea, assuming that the proprietors of the #Buzzout name would go along (and what better publicity for the movement than a Deacon tailgate parking lot dotted with #Buzzout paraphrenalia?)

We decided as a group that we didnt want to associate ogboards with either side of the movement but stay neutral. Individually you'll note that some of the team is very buzzout, but we decided our purpose was merely to provide a place for fans to discuss WFU, not support or try to influence any actions by the university. While it may seem like everyone is buzzout, there are still some out there who dont feel that way and we dont want to do anything to drive them away. If any of you choose to do that individually and send the proceeds our way in a donation, that's up to you, but we dont want to be the one's behind it.

It's processor intensive to use database driven marking. Obviously, we'd like to have it enabled, but we need to disable a few things for testing purposes right now.

Fine, farm the load onto my iPad.

If you guys need any guinea pigs to help testing, I'll throw in my hat.

It's processor intensive to use database driven marking. Obviously, we'd like to have it enabled, but we need to disable a few things for testing purposes right now.

Maybe if you got rid of the Moonz accounts, you'd have the overhead? :bowrofl:

Re-enabled database marking and the drop down for now. I'll be reverting to Tier 0 hosting tonight at 1am EST and will see if our stability returns to normal pre-upgrade levels.

Fine, farm the load onto my iPad.

If you guys need any guinea pigs to help testing, I'll throw in my hat.

All I got out of this post was something about you willing to take a load. After that I couldn't stop giggling enough to read it.

All I got out of this post was something about you willing to take a load. After that I couldn't stop giggling enough to read it.

Fine, dump all over me. I can take all of it at once.

Back