• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

This is bad for Baylor and for all college football. The assistant coaches, who had to know this stuff was happening, have jobs elsewhere in college football.

If Jim Grobe has the integrity that he seemed to have as Wake coach, he really has to be having second thoughts about why he waded into that cesspool.

Lord of mercy. This system of "Big Time" college athletics is just repulsive.

Between this and the basketball issues of a few years back, the epitome of a Baptist Institution. #alternativefacts

death penalty. this is the crap that makes me think college sports should just go away for good.

Real death penalty. The school should not have a football program of any kind and Art Briles should see the inside of a prison cell.

Meh, everyone knew of guys on the Wake football team accused of the same thing freshman year, and I saw the dude graduate and never remember him being suspended.

Between this and the basketball issues of a few years back, the epitome of a Baptist Institution. #alternativefacts

A tradition Liberty must want to continue after hiring the AD.

death penalty. this is the crap that makes me think college sports should just go away for good.

I can't believe Im saying this, but I'm slowing moving towards your opinion on this. I find myself less and less interested with collegiate athletics.

And really just our modern university system in general. It's one giant money hoarding crock of shit, that generally delivers far lower than it markets.

When filing a lawsuit blows up in your face

http://deadspin.com/lawsuit-text-messages-show-how-baylor-coaches-turned-f-1791947070

"Several Baylor regents hit back today with their response in court. The answer from Cary Gray, Ron Murff, and David Harper called the lawsuit a “public relations smokescreen” and released a series of damning text messages that, they said, show how Shillinglaw, Briles, and others at Baylor actively worked to circumvent the university’s official disciplinary processes—described as “in-house when it should have been open house”—and kept football players accused of assault, drug use, and academic cheating on the field..."

Last edited:

http://deadspin.com/lawsuit-text-messages-show-how-baylor-coaches-turned-f-1791947070

"Several Baylor regents hit back today with their response in court. The answer from Cary Gray, Ron Murff, and David Harper called the lawsuit a “public relations smokescreen” and released a series of damning text messages that, they said, show how Shillinglaw, Briles, and others at Baylor actively worked to circumvent the university’s official disciplinary processes—described as “in-house when it should have been open house”—and kept football players accused of assault, drug use, and academic cheating on the field..."

The University of North Carolina at Waco?

Title IX
AD Involved
Hiding criminal offenses

Let's see what it takes for a school to get the Death Penalty.

Yep. It's not a coincidence that Briles dropped his defamation suit yesterday. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-briles-drops-defamation-suit-vs-baylor-141141055.html

I assume Baylor had all of this evidence in a motion for summary judgment and showed it to Briles' counsel before filing, leading to the nonsuit. This Shillinglaw character still had the suit against the regents though, and apparently the regents and Rusty Hardin (rightly) DGAF.

Just another case of being taken down by a cell phone. Tiger's lesson is never learned.

Absolutely disgusting. I did hold on to the belief that Briles was scapegoated by our board for their own institutional failures but it was obviously the right decision to fire him as soon as they received the findings from the law firm. I loved the winning while it was happening but it should never be at the cost of personal integrity and I feel absolutely awful for the young women that were assaulted. I hate how this was handled by our board - this stuff should have all come out when they promised "transparency" instead of letting it leak out slowly over the course of the year. Absolute failure from top to bottom and I'm very ashamed that it happened at my school.

Last edited:
I've got a great idea! Let's pay the players like the pros so they can have even more clout and sense of entitlement on campus to pursue their carnal desires.

Is this serious?

I hope Briles saved his money. No college or pro team should consider hiring this guy. Cheating on grades or drug tests are one thing. But to cover-up and lie about covering up sexual assaults is something in a completely different league.

Ray Rice did a terrible thing. He apologized, went to the community and educated people and has done everything right since then. He can't smell a job in the NFL. Briles has left a trail of broken lives and lied about it. He deserves a lifetime in exile.

Back