• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SNL Season Finale - Justin Timberlake as host

Nope. Better than most weeks though. Timberlake can only do so much to improve bad writing.

That Whitney show is going to suck hard.

I'd say it started out strong with a lot of promise, then ultimately was average and left others disappointed.

Last edited:
Watching Timberlake tonight reminded me of watching McKie during basketball season.

Watching Timberlake tonight reminded me of watching McKie during basketball season.

fantastic comparison

If variety shows were all the rage these days, JT would be even more popular. What's really impressive is how he morphed from mousekateer to NSYNC to solo career and has the respect of pretty much every guy in America. That's insanely difficult to pull off.

fantastic comparison

If variety shows were all the rage these days, JT would be even more popular. What's really impressive is how he morphed from mousekateer to NSYNC to solo career and has the respect of pretty much every guy in America. That's insanely difficult to pull off.

Well said. I used to be a hater until I realized the dude is just really talented and fully deserves the money, fame, and hot chicks.

Well said. I used to be a hater until I realized the dude is just really talented and fully deserves the money, fame, and hot chicks.

QFT. Just finished watching it on the DVR.

I can't figure out Paul Brittain. Dude was in quite possibly the funniest sketch of the entire season -- the Sex Ed Vincent sketch -- but otherwise was barely in anything the whole season. I wonder if he'll be back next year. Here's that sketch if you haven't seen it:

http://www.hulu.com/embed/RR7hZRMMqLcePszrAqC5jA

First episode of SNL I've watched in its entirety since the says of Sandler and Farley. Some very strong sketches and I thought they used Gaga perfectly.

The second game show (with Kristen Wiig), the Love Boat, and Barry Gibb were painfully unfunny, as was the cold open (minus the rape joke). But most of the other sketches more than made up for it.

JT as beer and Gaga as wine was phenomenal. As was the reporter sketch.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to watch Seth Myers again without thinking of his OBL joke and Obama's poker face.

Finally got around to watching this tonight and enjoyed it. JT is always great on SNL and he didn't disappoint. I agree that it tailed off towards the end though.

I wonder if SNL could be more successful if reduced to an hour instead of 1.5. I feel like there are at least a couple of good sketches most weeks but not quite enough to fill the whole time. Instead of leaving me wanting more I feel like I've had enough. That's not what they should be going for.

I wonder if SNL could be more successful if reduced to an hour instead of 1.5.

Thought about the same thing, and possibly getting rid of the musical guests. While some artists are interesting and will keep the audience, a lot of them will cause audience to lose interest. Plus the artists do not need SNL as a forum to get their music out to the public unlike before.

Also, the sketch linked below should not have been cut. It's not amazing but it's better than a few of the included ones.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/243622/saturday-night-live-mozart-dress-rehearsal#s-p1-sr-i1

Last edited:
Thought about the same thing, and possibly getting rid of the musical guests. While some artists are interesting and will keep the audience, a lot of them will cause audience to lose interest. Plus the artists do not need SNL as a forum to get their music out to the public unlike before.

Also, the sketch linked below should not have been cut. It's not amazing but it's better than a few of the included ones.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/243622/saturday-night-live-mozart-dress-rehearsal#s-p1-sr-i1

Or at the very least, remove the second performance by the musical guest....I can't stand it going from musical guest, to commercial, to skit, to commercial, to skit, to commercial and then the damn musical guest again.

Back