• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Taxing Small Business Owners is Going to Lead to Jobs/Growth?

Great idea! Let's drive all the manufacturing plants overseas!! Then we can use all the abandoned plants here for prisons when all the unemployed start protesting in the streets.

I*t never ceases to amazxe me how little you understand about what you post.

what I was talkgni abotu was the practice of using Executive Suites or mail drops as international HQs in those countries simply to avoid US taxes.

It has nothing to do with moving real people.

If a foreign corporation has a US subsidiary, we have no jurisdiction to tax the foreign parent.

If a foreign corporation has a US subsidiary, we have no jurisdiction to tax the foreign parent.

Isn't that what companies do, incorporate overseas and conduct business in the US?

Now that corporations are "individuals" can I incorporate myself overseas to avoid paying taxes as well?

Last edited:
I*t never ceases to amazxe me how little you understand about what you post.

what I was talkgni abotu was the practice of using Executive Suites or mail drops as international HQs in those countries simply to avoid US taxes.

It has nothing to do with moving real people.

And it never ceases to amaze me as to how little you understand about the implications of what you post. Go ahead and try to tax those "bogus" dollars you talk about. All that will do is drive capital to a more investment-friendly market (country), which is what my post was suggesting. It's the main reason behind the huge growth of the economy in Texas-- creating a business environment that encourages investment.

We have the 2nd highest corporate income taxes in the world (behind Japan). Try to raise those taxes even higher and watch even more of our jobs head overseas. We should actually be doing everything we can to lower our coroporate tax rates to encourage investment/job growth here. For me 0% is the right number, but I would be happy with something between 10-20%. There are too many corporate loopholes and I'm tired of watching the government pick winners and losers.

This is one of the main reasons why the Fair Tax makes so much sense. Not to mention the billions of dollars wasted in tax compliance every year.

So tell me what it is exactly that I don't understand...

I said NOTHING about raising corporate taxes higher.

The money that goes to tghe havens does NOTHING to help a SINGLE person in t5he US as the capital cannot be repratriated without being taxed.

The Fair Tax is the biggest scam ever proposed by any so called serious people in the past century.

I said NOTHING about raising corporate taxes higher.

The money that goes to tghe havens does NOTHING to help a SINGLE person in t5he US as the capital cannot be repratriated without being taxed.

The Fair Tax is the biggest scam ever proposed by any so called serious people in the past century.

Again, understand the implications of what you are saying. By taxing these "bogus" dollars you ARE raising the taxes on this income, since it is already going to be taxed under the laws of the country where the parent corporation is domiciled. So they find a cheaper place to set up this business and now you have nothing to tax. All your idea does is take jobs away from this country.

How about coming up with some ideas that create jobs? Why do you think Texas has seen such tremendous job growth over the last two years? What about Tennessee and South Carolina?

Back