• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So the UN Security Council has an emergency meeting.......

You guys do realize that this is a no win situation. We can't police everything. Let them figure it out themselves. Maybe one day they'll realize that their religion isn't the only thing worth living for.

So we should bomb them until they can prove their innocence?

Either this isn't your best effort, or you are adding further proof to my point about this Board is in its death spiral.

It's like we're just paving over the "red line" bit. Weakness remains provocative as much in 2013 as it was in 1999.

You guys do realize that this is a no win situation. We can't police everything. Let them figure it out themselves. Maybe one day they'll realize that their religion isn't the only thing worth living for.

I don't want to referee every turf war in Asscrackistan....but are we seriously discussing a "Let's spray poison gas on kids" threshold? Why isn't our leadership halfway up the Kremlin's ass on this one with a WTF?

To quote ELC, "MEH!" The biggest thing about this is that the admin wouldn't say that she was on vacation and couldn't make it back to the UN in time. Why can't they just tell the truth?

Either this isn't your best effort, or you are adding further proof to my point about this Board is in its death spiral.

It's like we're just paving over the "red line" bit. Weakness remains provocative as much in 2013 as it was in 1999.

Why can't it be both not my best effort AND adding further proof?

I don't want to referee every turf war in Asscrackistan....but are we seriously discussing a "Let's spray poison gas on kids" threshold? Why isn't our leadership halfway up the Kremlin's ass on this one with a WTF?

What makes spraying poisonous gas any worse than shelling civilians with anti-aircraft ballistics? If we actually gave a shit we would of intervened two years ago. Now its essentially Assad vs. Al Queda wannabe fuck faces. Let them sort it out themselves. Sucks to be a 5 year old there, but really it sucks to be a 5 year old in a lot of places on this planet.

And how, exactly, do you know that we aren't doing that right now? Given how letting things play out in public (a la Bengazi) opens the administration up to criticism, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them play things very close to the vest from now on.

Apparently jhmd thinks we should be running in there guns blazing.

so we should do what, exactly?

I can tell you that you don't draw a red line, then watch people cross over it, and then move the line back some more. Whatever we do we should probably be consistent with our word.

'Don't cross this line or else!...oh wait, you just crossed it...let me move the line a little bit....now don't cross this line or else!'

I can tell you that you don't draw a red line, then watch people cross over it, and then move the line back some more. Whatever we do we should probably be consistent with our word.

'Don't cross this line or else!...oh wait, you just crossed it...let me move the line a little bit....now don't cross this line or else!'

yeah, so we already did that. what should we do NOW, though?

so, pubs have no good solutions, either. got it.

The only thing the two parties have been able to agree upon and move forward with is spying on our own citizens. There will be no foreign policy agreements in the near future unless someone directly attacks us and then the agreement will be short lived.

We (sort of temporarily) "solved" Afghanistan and Iraq. How about we let the French and British take this one. They were the ones that drew the *#$#ed up national boundaries and set up the @#%#ed up tinpot regimes in the Middle East after WWI.

Back