• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, who transfers? Chennault, Desrosiers, and Fields...

i questioned earlier why any recruit would want to play for Bzzz unless he was committed completely to WFU itself (and was bitch-slapped for saying it.) I still wonder about that.

I agree with PH. When Dino was hired, I was glad because it meant ATT was back on board. Now, I don't care one bit about the 2012 class. Hopefully there exists a scenario where they stick to their commitment, but I have no problem with starting from square one at this point if it means Bzz moves to Siberia.

Unfortunately, Bzz (obviously) has pictures of Wellman beating infants.

dv7, I think rockbottom would be Travis leaving and Wellman and Hatch still stick with [Redacted].

Think because it could always get worse.

Don't forget somehow losing out on CMM or the other recruits (not sure how this would happen, but nothing shocks me)

Worse is that some of the incoming class leave after next season, leaving the cupboard completely bare for the next HC. [Redacted]'s position in untenable, it is just a matter of when, not if, he will be fired. Wellman is going to go down with his boy.

Or before next season. . .

You've got to think that those guys coming in next year are at this very moment wondering - WTF?

I am not concerned about TC or Fields. Only a reflection that they knew their time was limited out there next year. Harris and Fisher can play a few mins a piece at point when absolutely necessary and they are probably less of a liability when doing so, especially when it comes to TC.

Carson worries me a bit but he is looking at a substantial drop in minutes too if the freshmen pan out. But I agree that him leaving is troubling and a poor reflection on the state of the program.

If McKie leaves, then that will be a true no confidence vote. Until that point, I'm not really sure where the fuss is about TC (who needed to be relegated to the bench and obviously doesn't want to be) and even about Fields (other than not having another true PG on the bench).

FWIW...Shaka said he cant say anything until there is a release. No surprise.

Can't he just collect unemployment for a few months and then get his pension? Buzz makes me seriously angry. Mediocre at his job but keeps getting opportunity after opportunity. Must be nice to be a middle aged white guy with the right connections.

1. People the age of Buzz and myself are not middled aged. We are "still functioning adults" who are joyous over a little morning stiffness and a full stream.

2. I have been consistently Buzz-In up until this point in time. I don't see leadership as a function of age or skin color or even charisma (read about Admiral Spruance at the Battle of Midway). However, leadership clearly involves protecting the people you lead at whatever cost occurs to oneself. Clearly, Jeff is trying to preserve his position at the expense of young men who deserve far better behavior.

3. Therefore, it is my hope that Ron does not fire Jeff in order to allow Jeff to resign immediately. It is any man or woman of any race or age should do if they have accepted a leadership position, particularly when young people are involved.

Me: Bz out?

****: not gonna happen this year

Me: Travis?

****: still here

Interesting that those are two very different answers. The first is definitive into the future. The 2nd is simply stating the current state of things.

I totally agree on TC and Fields, they won't be missed much at all. Carson is perplexing as he would have played meaningful minutes at the 5. However, Carson had to be the most over rated player I have seen. Incredibly soft. If Travis leaves, well that is another issue.

I am not concerned about TC or Fields. Only a reflection that they knew their time was limited out there next year. Harris and Fisher can play a few mins a piece at point when absolutely necessary and they are probably less of a liability when doing so, especially when it comes to TC.

Carson worries me a bit but he is looking at a substantial drop in minutes too if the freshmen pan out. But I agree that him leaving is troubling and a poor reflection on the state of the program.

If McKie leaves, then that will be a true no confidence vote. Until that point, I'm not really sure where the fuss is about TC (who needed to be relegated to the bench and obviously doesn't want to be) and even about Fields (other than not having another true PG on the bench).

If you're just looking at this from a personnel standpoint, you might have a point (well no, you wouldn't have any point guards until the freshman get here...), but it's absolutely insane to look at the happenings of the last week and just think about what this means relative to our roster.

The hell he was. He averaged 21 mpg this year, and our starting PF and C are leaving, to be replaced by a few 2- and 3-star freshmen. You're out of your damn mind if you think his minutes were going to drop at all next year, much less substantially.

What these guys staying might have meant is, 1) that they had confidence in Bzz to lead a successful program, 2) that they could have provided upperclassman leadership for the incoming players, and 3) that they had faith that they can grow their skills within Bzz's system and contribute positively to the team. All of those would be good things. The reality though? These guys are not happy. If McKie is indeed unhappy, too, this obviously isn't all about playing time next year.

Last edited:
If you're just looking at this from a personnel standpoint, you might have a point (well no, you wouldn't have any point guards until the freshman get here...), but it's absolutely insane to look at the happenings of the last week and just think about what this means relative to our roster.

Exactly. Bzzz's latest excuse was how we had no depth and were tired in the second half. Total BS in my opinion. Especially when you look at schools like St. Johns and Missouri, but these transfers open the door for Bzzz and Wellman to continue this charade into 2014 claiming we didn't have a full roster. The guy lost (never had) his team…end of story. I have no faith in Wellman doing the right thing here. Kills me

Back