• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SportsCenter with Michael and Jemele SC6

She can't tell the people who put money in the hands of her bosses, to go fuck themselves. Whitlock has it right. She's looking to get out of there with a severance package.

They won't. Just like the lacrosse players at Duke are still waiting on Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson to apologize for all their mess at Duke. At least the Duke players capitalized over all this mess in a BIG way! Still waiting on the Rev Sharpton to pay his back taxes also!

How did the Duke lacrosse players capitalize on that fiasco?

Not sure what you read. He's a long time Republican operative and the founder of GOPLifer.com who started PoliticalOrphans.com as a conservative disenchanted with the direction of the Republican Party.
https://goplifer.com

Here's his bio:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/#45fee2d56cbd

You conveniently left out this part. "After the 2016 Republican National Convention I resigned my position as a precinct committeeman and left the Republican Party. I now maintain a new blog, PoliticalOrphans.com." Whoops.

A 10 second perusal of his website might help.

Doesn't mean he's not a conservative. He just acknowledges that the modern day GOP is a complete disaster and renounces the clown they elected as their flag-bearer. I wish more conservatives would do the same.

Doesn't mean he's not a conservative. He just acknowledges that the modern day GOP is a complete disaster and renounces the clown they elected as their flag-bearer. I wish more conservatives would do the same.

Exactly. DG3 is conflating conservative with Republican which is a common mistake.

Ladd holds the same political views he held as a lifelong Republican. He just thinks the party no longer supports his views. We post in the same political discussion group on Facebook.

Would you give a shit if some NFL player held a press conference every week to complain about denial of civil rights for minorities ? That’s why this protest is working. It bothers you and at least makes you consider why they’re protesting.

Eh, trump completely changed the conversation. It's now just another tired trump protest

Eh, trump completely changed the conversation. It's now just another tired trump protest

Because he’s a complete shit head that is followed by a bunch of rubes he knew he could get all in a lather by dog whistling about the ungrateful black people disrespecting our troops.

I know right? It's something you can easily Google. But some people are wed to this narrative that black people aren't concerned about problems within black communities that's used to discredit concerns about racism.

I don't understand how white rubes can protest about the economic decline in their towns if they're not willing to address the opioid epidemic.

Because he’s a complete shit head that is followed by a bunch of rubes he knew he could get all in a lather by dog whistling about the ungrateful black people disrespecting our troops.

quote-the-thing-we-adore-about-these-dog-whistle-kerfuffles-is-that-the-people-who-react-to-james-taranto-93-90-96.jpg

I know right? It's something you can easily Google. But some people are wed to this narrative that black people aren't concerned about problems within black communities that's used to discredit concerns about racism.

“Well, I never saw anything about it on Fox”

...actually because in response to his super unnecessary comments, the players turned the protest from police brutality to supporting their NFL brothers in unity (which was the most commonly cited reason by the players actually doing the protesting for kneeling after trump's comments)

Dog whistles are used to keep dogs in line. The people who blow the whistle have no idea what it sounds like. They just blow it because it's always worked to control the dog.

If you can identify the sound of the whistle, yes, you are the dog. If you are called out for using the dog whistle, you are trying to control the dog.

Back