• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SportsCenter with Michael and Jemele SC6

Which means their protest is not being effective because their message has been lost. That would tell me they should change their methods to something that is more focused on their issues.

Hey Ghandi, how bout you go do your little sit in back in your living room so we can get down the streets !

Which means their protest is not being effective because their message has been lost. That would tell me they should change their methods to something that is more focused on their issues.

No. It means the protest is being effective because people hostile to the message are going out of their way to promote a counter narrative. They can't ignore it.

LOL. Because Fox News didn't report it?

Will, I don't watch any national news. They all suck. One side libtard and the other conservatard.

No figure has tried to do anything about Chicago black on black violence. No one.

17 million dead black babies. Left is deafly silent.

Will, I don't watch any national news. They all suck. One side libtard and the other conservatard.

No figure has tried to do anything about Chicago black on black violence. No one.

17 million dead black babies. Left is deafly silent.

Where do you get your news? If you just Google Obama, Jackson, and Sharpton and Chicago violence you get plenty of links of them talking about Chicago violence and developing plans to stem violence.

No. It means the protest is being effective because people hostile to the message are going out of their way to promote a counter narrative. They can't ignore it.

That's your take on it and you're welcome to it. I disagree. I don't know specifically what they are protesting or what they want as a solution. I don't know if everyone who is kneeling during the anthem is protesting the same thing? One purpose of a protest is to bring attention to an issue but another purpose is to convince those on the fence and those that are simply unaware that there actually is an issue and to call them to action to address it. I don't think these protests are effective at all with respect to the second part...

Well, the national anthem before an NFL game lasts like 2 or 3 minutes once a week, seems like there is plenty of time for them to protest in a million other ways. Call a press conference every week. Discuss your concerns during your pre- or post-game interview. Whatever.

Already being done, early and often. Blame the media if you want, but that's not the story getting covered.

That's your take on it and you're welcome to it. I disagree. I don't know specifically what they are protesting or what they want as a solution. I don't know if everyone who is kneeling during the anthem is protesting the same thing? One purpose of a protest is to bring attention to an issue but another purpose is to convince those on the fence and those that are simply unaware that there actually is an issue and to call them to action to address it. I don't think these protests are effective at all with respect to the second part...

But that's because you are ignoring them. That's not on them. That's on you. And if you needed football players to kneel during the anthem to know about police violence against black people, then you have a huge problem in the first place.

I remember when every Greatest Generation daddy on my street called Cassius Clay a mother fucking traitor over Vietnam. Love it or leave it. Muhammad Ali won the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Same shit here, different day.

But that's because you are ignoring them. That's not on them. That's on you. And if you needed football players to kneel during the anthem to know about police violence against black people, then you have a huge problem in the first place.

Whatever you say, dude. I'm not ignoring anything. It may be a media problem that the message isn't clear, but it isn't clear.

We didn't even track stats on citizens killed by police until the larger protest movement started. These arguments on the efficacy of the protests are trash.

Whatever you say, dude. I'm not ignoring anything. It may be a media problem that the message isn't clear, but it isn't clear.

Media have been talking about this problem every day for years. If you don't know about it, you are ignoring it.

Even in this conversation, you're ignoring people who are explaining this to you.

"They're protesting police brutality and injustice."

"I don't know what they're protesting."

"But they say they're protesting police brutality and injustice."

"See that's a problem with the protest. I don't know what they're protesting."

I remember when every Greatest Generation daddy on my street called Cassius Clay a mother fucking traitor over Vietnam. Love it or leave it. Muhammad Ali won the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Same shit here, different day.

Vietnam was the U.S. government drafting kids and sending them to war halfway around the world

Is the police issue of the day a U.S. government issue? do we have a national police force?

what can/should be done at the national level to address the issues of excessive police force?

What? Do you really think that Obama, who spent 5 years working as a community organizer in Chicago, then taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago for 12 years, and was a senator for Chicago for 7 years, has just completely overlooked the violence in Chicago?

Vietnam was the U.S. government drafting kids and sending them to war halfway around the world

Is the police issue of the day a U.S. government issue? do we have a national police force?

what can/should be done at the national level to address the issues of excessive police force?

Maybe have the DOJ investigate claims of excessive police force and abuse of police power? Perhaps the DOJ could work with police departments to help them improve community relations? Seems like that was...er...could be a good start.

And, BTW, the more Trump and Jerry Jones and ESPN and Ditka and redneck rubes complain about the protests, the more likely they are to continue.

what can/should be done at the national level to address the issues of excessive police force?[/QUOTE

The cops are totally a national police force. Your tax money paid to unite them all via unfunded mandates for identical communication equipment and then provided military hardware to increase their lethality. Who can forget seein in broad daylight a sniper rifle on top of a tank trained on non violent protestors in Ferguson MO.

I love how any response to black folks seeking equality is to point to Chicago. As if Chicago itself isn't a perfect example of how a discrepancy in lack of political care and racial inequality for generations towards predominantly black communities causes high rates of crime. Chicago starts and ends with local political and enforcement assistance to end a vicious cycle of incarceration and murder that is passed down from generation to generation.

They want liberty and justice for all. If that's not a well-stated goal, take it up with the pledge of allegiance.

Same fuckers blew up The Pledge in the fifties with the Under God garbage due to fear of commies. We'll never get rid of these dicks.

The self awareness on the effectiveness the protest had is solid. If you say I don't know what this protest is about or even deny what they are saying the protest is about and then engage on a message board about said protest, spend time talking about said protest, even if your mind can't quite comprehend what has happened, said protest worked.

2s635no.png

Back