• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Staak vs. [Redacted]

I forgot Rod Watson was there two years before he got booted. Smooth Sam Ivy was a solid Staak signee, and he set the table for Odom's program resurrection with McQueen, King and Tucker.

Sam Ivy was great. It's unfortunate he got sick and was unable to play to his full potential his last two years.

McQueen, King, and Tucker were all Staak recruits and McQueen and King played for him as freshman.

Staak had Muggsy... that was the difference. That was why his teams competed. He was a horrible coach.

I was a student during the Staak years and he had far more talent and, despite having to play a football player and med student, more depth (which is an absurd but true statement). I think Marco Pickett would start currently. Sam Ivy, Mugsy, Mark Cline, Rod Watson all very good players (and some scorers).

Sam Ivy was great. It's unfortunate he got sick and was unable to play to his full potential his last two years.

McQueen, King, and Tucker were all Staak recruits and McQueen and King played for him as freshman.

Yeah, by "he set the table" in my prior post, I mean Staak with McQueen, King and Tucker. Did Rober Siler play under Odom or just under Staak? He was a good player who effectively reinvented himself after a knee injury from a dunker to a shooter.

Back